This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 02/06/2015 at 08:45 am.
National Advisory Committee on Institutional Quality and Integrity (NACIQI), Office of Postsecondary Education, Department of Education.
U.S. Department of Education, Office of Postsecondary Education, 1990 K Street NW., Room 8072, Washington, DC 20006.
Opportunity for the public to make written comments concerning the NACIQI Policy Recommendations Report dated January 2, 2015, under Section 114(d)(2)(B) of the Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1965, as amended, 20 U.S.C. § 1011c(d)(2)(B).
NACIQI's Statutory Authority and Function: The NACIQI is established under Section 114 of the HEA of 1965, as amended, 20 U.S.C. 1011c. The NACIQI advises the Secretary of Education about:
- The establishment and enforcement of the criteria for recognition of accrediting agencies or associations under Subpart 2, Part H, Title IV, of the HEA, as amended.
- The recognition of specific accrediting agencies or associations or a specific State approval agency.
- The preparation and publication of the list of nationally recognized accrediting agencies and associations.
- The eligibility and certification process for institutions of higher education under Title IV, of the HEA, together with recommendations for improvement in such process.
- The relationship between (1) accreditation of institutions of higher education and the certification and eligibility of such institutions, and (2) State licensing responsibilities with respect to such institutions.
- Any other advisory function relating to accreditation and institutional eligibility that the Secretary may prescribe.
This notice invites the public to submit written comments concerning Start Printed Page 6952the NACIQI Policy Recommendations Report dated January 2, 2015, under Section 114(d)(2)(B) of the Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1965, as amended, 20 U.S.C. § 1011c(d)(2)(B).
Submission of Written Comments Regarding the Committee's Policy Recommendations: The Committee published its draft policy recommendations at http://www2.ed.gov/about/bdscomm/list/naciqi-dir/2014-fall/naciqi-draft-recomendations-report-01012015.pdf.
on January 23, 2015, and invites written comments. Comments must be received by February 28, 2015, in the ThirdPartyComments@ed.gov mailbox and include the subject line “Written Comments: Policy Recommendations 2014”. The email must include the name(s), title, organization/affiliation, mailing address, email address, and telephone number, of the person(s) making the comment. Comments should be submitted as a Microsoft Word document or in a medium compatible with Microsoft Word (not a PDF file) that is attached to an electronic mail message (email) or provided in the body of an email message. Please do not send material directly to the NACIQI members.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Carol Griffiths, Executive Director, NACIQI, U.S. Department of Education, 1990 K Street NW., Room 8073, Washington, DC 20006-8129, telephone: (202) 219-7035, fax: (202) 502-7874, or email Carol.Griffiths@ed.gov.
Electronic Access to This Document: The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available via the Federal Digital System at www.gpo.gov/fdsys. At this site you can view this document, as well as all other documents of this Department published in the Federal Register, in text or Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). To use PDF, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available free at the site. You may also access documents of the Department published in the Federal Register by using the article search feature at: www.federalregister.gov. Specifically, through the advanced search feature at this site, you can limit your search to documents published by the Department.Start Signature
Ericka M. Miller,
Acting Assistant Secretary for Postsecondary Education.
[FR Doc. 2015-02562 Filed 2-6-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE P