This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 02/25/2015 at 08:45 am.
Defense Acquisition Regulations System, Department of Defense (DoD).
DoD is making technical amendments to the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) to provide needed editorial changes.
Effective February 26, 2015.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mr. Manuel Quinones, Defense Acquisition Regulations System, OUSD(AT&L)DPAP(DARS), Room 3B941, 3060 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-3060. Telephone 571-372-6088; facsimile 571-372-6094.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This final rule amends the DFARS as follows:
1. Directs contracting officers to additional procedures and guidance by adding a reference to DFARS Procedures, Guidance, and Information PGI 218.272 at DFARS 218.272. A cross reference to DFARS 218.272 is also added at DFARS 225.7405.
2. Directs contracting officers to additional procedures and guidance by adding a reference to DFARS Procedures, Guidance, and Information PGI 242.7502 at DFARS 242.7502.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 48 CFR Parts 218, 225, and 242
- Government procurement
Editor, Defense Acquisition Regulations System.
Therefore, 48 CFR parts 218, 225, and 242 are amended as follows:Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation for 48 CFR parts 218, 225, and 242 continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 218-EMERGENCY ACQUISITIONSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
2. Add section 218.272 to read as follows:End Amendment Part
When supporting a contingency operation or humanitarian or peacekeeping operation, follow the procedures at PGI 218.272 concerning the use of electronic business tools.
PART 225-FOREIGN ACQUISITIONEnd Part Start Amendment Part
3. Add section 225.7405 to read as follows:End Amendment Part
See 218.272 concerning the use of electronic business tools in support of a contingency operation or humanitarian or peacekeeping operation.
PART 242-CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION AND AUDIT SERVICESEnd Part Start Amendment Part
4. Amend section 242.7502 by revising paragraph (g)(2) introductory text to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(g) * * *
(2) The contracting officer responsible for negotiation of a proposal generated by an accounting system with an identified deficiency shall evaluate whether the deficiency impacts the negotiations. See also PGI 242.7502(g)(2). If it does not, the contracting officer should proceed with negotiations. If it does, the contracting officer should consider other alternatives, e.g.—
[FR Doc. 2015-03858 Filed 2-25-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 5001-06-P