Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of submission to the Office of Management and Budget; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review. The information collection is entitled, General Domestic Licenses for Byproduct Material.”
Submit comments by May 13, 2015.
Submit comments directly to the OMB reviewer at: Vlad Dorjets, Desk Officer, Office of Information, and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0016), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503; telephone: 202-395-1741, email: Vladik_Dorjets@omb.eop.gov.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Tremaine Donnell, NRC Clearance Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-6258; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@nrc.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2014-0247 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information for this action. You may obtain publicly-available information related to this action by any of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2014-0247.
- NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to email@example.com. The supporting statement is available in ADAMS under Accession No ADAMS ML15040A059.
- NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
- NRC's Clearance Officer: A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by contacting the NRC's Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell, Office of Information Services, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-6258; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.
B. Submitting Comments
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information in comment submissions that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. All comment submissions are posted at http://www.regulations.gov and entered into ADAMS. Comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the OMB, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment into ADAMS.
Under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the NRC recently submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to OMB for review entitled, “General Domestic Licenses for Byproduct Material.” The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a Start Printed Page 19702person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on November 19, 2014, 79 FR 68917.
1. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR part 31, “General Domestic Licenses for Byproduct Material.”
2. OMB approval number: 3150-0016
3. Type of submission: Extension with burden revision
4. The form number if applicable: Not applicable
5. How often the collection is required or requested: Reports are submitted as events occur. General license registration requests may be submitted at any time. Changes to the information on the registration may be submitted as they occur.
6. Who will be required or asked to respond: Persons receiving, possessing, using, or transferring devices containing byproduct material.
7. The estimated number of annual responses: 138,429 (10,929 responses + 127,500 recordkeepers).
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 10,929 (971 NRC licensee respondents + 9,958 Agreement State licensee responses).
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to comply with the information collection requirement or request: 36,186 hours (4,843 hours for NRC licensees + 31,343 hours for Agreement State licensees).
10. Abstract: Part 31 of Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR), establishes general licenses for the possession and use of byproduct material in certain devices. General licensees are required to keep testing records and submit event reports identified in Part 31, which assist the NRC in determining with reasonable assurance that devices are operated safely and without radiological hazard to users or the public.
End Supplemental Information
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 7th day of April, 2015.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2015-08381 Filed 4-10-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P