Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of submission to the Office of Management and Budget; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review. The information collection is entitled, “Criteria and Procedures for Emergency Access to Non-Federal and Regional Low-Level Waste Disposal Facilities.”
Submit comments by May 15, 2015.
Submit comments directly to the OMB reviewer at: Vlad Dorjets, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0143), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503; telephone: 202-395-7315, email: Vladik_Dorjets@omb.eop.gov.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Tremaine Donnell, NRC Clearance Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-6258; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@nrc.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2014-0237 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information for this action. You may obtain publicly-available information related to this action by any of the following methods:
Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2014-0237.
NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at: 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to email@example.com. The supporting statement is available in ADAMS under Accession ML15051A451.
NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
NRC's Clearance Officer: A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by contacting the NRC's Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell, Office of Information Services, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-6258; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.
B. Submitting Comments
The NRC cautions you not to include set identifying or contact information in your comment submissions that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. All comment submissions are posted at: http://www.regulations.gov and entered into ADAMS. Comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the OMB, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment into ADAMS.
Under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the NRC recently submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to OMB for review entitled, “Criteria and Procedures for Emergency Access to Non-Federal and Regional Low-Level Disposal Facilities.” The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on December 1, 2014 (79 FR 71133).
1. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR part 62, “Criteria and Procedures for Emergency Access to Non-Federal and Regional Low-Level Waste Disposal Facilities.”
2. OMB approval number: 3150-0143.
3. Type of submission: Extension.
4. The form number if applicable: N/A.
5. How often the collection is required or requested: The collection would only be required upon application for a Commission emergency access determination when access to a non-Federal or regional Low-Level Waste Disposal facility is denied, which results in an immediate public health and safety and/or common defense and security concern.
6. Who will be required or asked to respond: Generators of Low-Level Radioactive Waste, or the Governor of a State on behalf of any generator or generators located in his or her State who are denied access to a Non-Federal or regional low-level radioactive wastes and who wish to request emergency access for disposal of Non-Federal or regional Low-Level Waste Disposal facility pursuant to part 62 of Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR).Start Printed Page 20270
7. The estimated number of annual responses: 1.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 1.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to comply with the information collection requirement or request: 233.
10. Abstract: Part 62 sets out the information which must be provided to the NRC by any low-level waste generator or Governor of a State on behalf of generators seeking emergency access to an operating low-level waste disposal facility. The information is required to allow the NRC to determine if denial of disposal constitutes a serious and immediate threat to public health and safety or common defense and security. Part 62 also provides that the commission may grant an exemption from the requirements in this Part upon application of an interested person or upon its own initiative.
End Supplemental Information
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 9th day of April 2015.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2015-08568 Filed 4-14-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P