This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 04/22/2015 at 08:45 am.
Notice of request for public comment.
The Department of State is seeking Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for the information collection described below. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, we are requesting comments on this collection from all interested individuals and organizations. The purpose of this notice is to allow 30 days for public comment preceding submission of the collection to OMB.
The Department will accept comments from the public up to May 26, 2015.
Direct comments to the Department of State Desk Officer in the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). You may submit comments by the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and the OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Fax: 202-395-5806. Attention: Desk Officer for Department of State.
You must include the DS form number (if applicable), information collection title, and the OMB control number in any correspondence.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed collection instrument and supporting documents, to Lisa M. Farrell, US Department of State, Office of Risk Analysis and Management, 2201 C St. NW., Washington, DC 20520, who may be reached on 202-647-6020 or at FARRELLLM1@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
- Title of Information Collection: Risk Analysis and Management.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0204.
- Type of Request: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: A/LM.
- Form Number: DS-4184.
- Respondents: Potential Contractors and Grantees.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 800.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 800.
- Average Time Per Response: 75 minutes.
- Total Estimated Burden Time: 1000 hours.
- Frequency: On occasion.
- Obligation to Respond: Voluntary.
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper functions of the Department.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the time and cost burden for this proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Please note that comments submitted in response to this Notice are public record. Before including any detailed personal information, you should be aware that your comments as submitted, including your personal information, will be available for public review.
Abstract of Proposed Collection
The information collected from individuals and organizations is specifically used to conduct screening to ensure that State funded activities do not provide support to entities or individuals deemed to be a risk to national security.
The State Department has implemented a Risk Analysis and Management Program to vet potential Start Printed Page 22765contractors and grantees seeking funding from the Department of State to mitigate the risk that such funds might benefit entities or individuals who present a national security risk. To conduct this vetting program the Department collects information from contractors, subcontractors, grantees and sub-grantees regarding their directors, officers and/or key employees through mail, fax or electronic submission. The information collected is compared to information gathered from commercial, public, and U.S. government databases to determine the risk that the applying organization, entity or individual might use Department funds or programs in a way that presents a threat to national security. This program will continue as a pilot program consistent with the Department of State, Foreign Operation, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2015 (Div. J, Pub. L. 113-235).Start Signature
Dated: April 16, 2015.
Catherine I. Ebert-Gray,
Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Administration, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2015-09493 Filed 4-22-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-24-P