This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 04/30/2015 at 08:45 am.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is announcing an opportunity for the public to comment on CMS' intention to collect information from the public. Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA), federal agencies are required to publish notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, and to allow a second opportunity for public comment on the notice. Interested persons are invited to send comments regarding the burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including any of the following subjects: (1) The necessity and utility of the proposed information collection for the proper performance of the agency's functions; (2) the accuracy of the estimated burden; (3) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and (4) the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology to minimize the information collection burden.
Comments on the collection(s) of information must be received by the OMB desk officer by June 1, 2015.
When commenting on the proposed information collections, please reference the document identifier or OMB control number. To be assured consideration, comments and recommendations must be received by the OMB desk officer via one of the following transmissions:
OMB, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: CMS Desk Officer, Fax Number: (202) 395-5806 or Email: OIRA_submission@omb.eop.gov.
To obtain copies of a supporting statement and any related forms for the proposed collection(s) summarized in this notice, you may make your request using one of following:
1. Access CMS' Web site address at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/PaperworkReductionActof1995.
2. Email your request, including your address, phone number, OMB number, and CMS document identifier, to Paperwork@cms.hhs.gov.
3. Call the Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA) (44 U.S.C. 3501-3520), federal agencies must obtain approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for each collection of information they conduct or sponsor. The term “collection of information” is defined in 44 U.S.C. 3502(3) and 5 CFR 1320.3(c) and includes agency requests or requirements that members of the public submit reports, keep records, or provide information to a third party. Section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the PRA (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)) requires federal agencies to publish a 30-day notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, before submitting the collection to OMB for approval. To comply with this requirement, CMS is publishing this notice that summarizes the following proposed collection(s) of information for public comment:
1. Type of Information Collection Request: Revision of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems Outpatient and Ambulatory Surgery (OAS CAHPS) Survey; Use: The information collected in the national implementation of Outpatient/Ambulatory Surgery Patient Experience of Care Survey (A/ASPECS) will be used to: (1) Provide a source of information from which selected measures can be publicly reported to beneficiaries to help them make informed decisions for outpatient surgery facility selection; (2) aid facilities with their internal quality improvement efforts and external benchmarking with other facilities; and (3) provide us with information for monitoring and public reporting purposes. The package has been revised subsequent to the publication of the 60-day Federal Register notice (January 16, 2015; 80 FR 2430). Previously, the package was entitled, “Outpatient/Ambulatory Surgery Patient Experience of Care Survey (O/ASPECS).” Form Number: CMS-10500 (OMB Control Number: 0938-1240); Frequency: Once; Affected Public: Individuals and households; Number of Respondents: 2,813,610; Total Annual Responses: 2,813,610; Total Annual Hours: 365,769. (For policy questions regarding this Start Printed Page 24936collection contact Memuna Ifedirah at 410-786-6849).
2. Type of Information Collection Request: Extension of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Use of Restraint and Seclusion in Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facilities (PRTFs) for Individuals Under Age 21 and Supporting Regulations; Use: Psychiatric residential treatment facilities are required to report deaths, serious injuries and attempted suicides to the State Medicaid Agency and the Protection and Advocacy Organization. They are also required to provide residents the restraint and seclusion policy in writing, and to document in the residents' records all activities involving the use of restraint and seclusion. Form Number: CMS-R-306 (OMB Control Number 0938-0833); Frequency: Occasionally; Affected Public: Private sector (Business or other for-profits); Number of Respondents: 390; Total Annual Responses: 1,466,795; Total Annual Hours: 431,062. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Cindy Ruff at 410-786-5916).Start Signature
Dated: April 28, 2015.
William N. Parham III,
Director, Paperwork Reduction Staff, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs.
[FR Doc. 2015-10207 Filed 4-30-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4120-01-P