This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 05/18/2015 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Renewal of existing information collection; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment on the renewal of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for an existing collection of information. The information collection is entitled, “Disposal of High-Level Radioactive Wastes in Geologic Repositories.” NRC regulations require States and Indian tribes to submit certain information to the NRC if they request consultation with the NRC staff concerning the review of a potential repository site, or wish to participate in a license application review for a potential repository.
Submit comments by July 20, 2015. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but the Commission is able to ensure consideration only for comments received on or before this date.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2015-0108. Address questions about NRC dockets to Carol Gallagher; telephone: 301-415-3463; email: Carol.Gallagher@nrc.gov. For technical questions, contact the individual listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section of this document.
- Mail comments to: Tremaine Donnell, Office of Information Services, Mail Stop: T-5 F53, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
For additional direction on obtaining information and submitting comments, see “Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments” in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Tremaine Donnell, Office of Information Services, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-6258; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2015-0108 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information for this action. You may obtain publicly-available information related to this action by any of the following methods:
- Federal rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2015-0108.
- NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS).
You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The supporting statement is available in ADAMS under Accession No. ML15104A080.
- NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
- NRC's Clearance Officer: A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by contacting NRC's Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell, Office of Information Services, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-6258; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.
B. Submitting Comments
Please include Docket ID NRC-2015-0108 in the subject line of your comment submission, in order to ensure that the NRC is able to make your comment submission available to the public in this docket.
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information in comment submissions that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. The NRC will post all comment submissions at http://www.regulations.gov as well as enter the comment submissions into ADAMS, and the NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the NRC, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that the NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment into ADAMS.
In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the NRC is requesting public comment on its intention to request the OMB's approval for the information collection summarized below.
1. The title of the information collection: Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR) Part 60, “Disposal of High-Level Radioactive Wastes in Geologic Repositories.”
2. OMB approval number: 3150-0127.
3. Type of submission: Extension.
4. The form number, if applicable: Not applicable.
5. How often the collection is required or requested: The information need only be submitted one time.
6. Who will be required or asked to respond: State or Indian tribes, or their representatives, requesting consultation with the NRC staff regarding review of a potential high-level radioactive waste geologic repository site, or wishing to participate in a license application review for a potential geologic repository (other than a potential geologic repository site at Yucca Mountain, Nevada, which is regulated under 10 CFR part 63).
7. The estimated number of annual responses: 1; however, none are expected in the next 3 years.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 1; however, none are expected in the next 3 years.
9. The estimated number of hours needed annually to comply with the information collection requirement or request: 121; however, none are expected in the next 3 years.
10. Abstract: Part 60 of 10 CFR requires States and Indian tribes to submit certain information to the NRC if they request consultation with the NRC staff concerning the review of a potential repository site, or wish to participate in a license application review for a potential repository (other than the Yucca Mountain, Nevada site, which is regulated under 10 CFR part 63). Representatives of States or Indian tribes must submit a statement of their authority to act in such a representative capacity. The information submitted by the States and Indian tribes is used by the Director of the Office of Nuclear Start Printed Page 28715Material Safety and Safeguards as a basis for decisions about the commitment of NRC staff resources to the consultation and participation efforts. The NRC anticipates conducting a public rulemaking to revise portions of 10 CFR part 60 in the near future (i.e., within the next 5 years). If, as part of this rulemaking, revisions are made affecting the information collection requirements, the NRC will follow OMB requirements for obtaining approval for any revised information collection requirements. [Note: All of the information collection requirements pertaining to Yucca Mountain were included in 10 CFR Part 63, and were approved by OMB under control number 3150-0199. The Yucca Mountain site is regulated under 10 CFR part 63 (66 FR 55792, November 2, 2001).]
III. Specific Requests for Comments
The NRC is seeking comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the estimate of the burden of the information collection accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection on respondents be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 13th day of May 2015.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2015-12018 Filed 5-18-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P