Executive Office for Immigration Review, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Executive Office for Immigration Review, will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until August 31, 2015.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Jean King, Acting General Counsel, Executive Office for Immigration Review, U.S. Department of Justice, Suite 2600, 5107 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, Virginia 20530; telephone: (703) 305-0470.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Executive Office for Immigration Review, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Request for Recognition of a Non-profit Religious, Charitable, Social Service, or Similar Organization.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: Form EOIR-31. The applicable component within the Department of Justice is the Board of Immigration Appeals, Executive Office for Immigration Review.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Non-profit organizations seeking to be recognized as legal service providers by the Board of Immigration Appeals (Board) of the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR). Abstract: This information collection is necessary to determine whether the organization meets the regulatory and relevant case law requirements for recognition by the Board as a legal service provider, which then would allow its designated representative or representatives to seek full or partial accreditation to practice before EOIR and/or the Department of Homeland Security.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 128 respondents will complete the form annually with an average of 2 hours per response.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 256 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: June 29, 2015.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2015-16331 Filed 7-1-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-30-P