60-Day notice of information collection for review; Form No. I-515A; Notice to Student or Exchange Visitor; OMB Control No. 1653-0037.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (USICE), is submitting the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published in the Federal Register to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until October 19, 2015.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Scott Elmore, Forms Management Office, U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement, 801 I Street NW., Mailstop 5800, Washington, DC 20536-5800.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension, without change, of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Notice to Student or Exchange Visitor.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: (No. Form I-515A); U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. When an academic student (F-1), vocational student (M-1), exchange visitor (J-1), or dependent(F-2, M-2 or J-2) is admitted to the United States as a nonimmigrant alien under section 101(a)(15) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (Act), he or she is required to have certain documentation. If the student or exchange visitor or dependent is missing documentation, he or she is provided with the Form I-515A, Notice to Student or Exchange Visitor. The Form I-515A provides a list of the documentation the student or exchange visitor or dependent will need to provide to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) office within 30 days of admission.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 10,701 responses at 10 minutes (0.1667 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 1,776. annual burden hours.
Dated: August 13, 2015.
Program Manager, Forms Management Office, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2015-20396 Filed 8-18-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-28-P