This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 08/09/2016 at 08:45 am.
Notice of request for public comment.
The Department of State is seeking Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for the information collection described below. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, we are requesting comments on this collection from all interested individuals and organizations. The purpose of this notice is to allow 60 days for public comment preceding submission of the collection to OMB.
The Department will accept comments from the public up to October 11, 2016.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- Web: Persons with access to the Internet may comment on this notice by going to www.Regulations.gov. You can search for the document by entering “Docket Number: DOS-2016-0047” in the Search field. Then click the “Comment Now” button and complete the comment form.
- Email: RiversDA@state.gov
- Regular Mail: Send written comments to: U.S. Department of State, CA/OCS/PMO, 2201 C. St. NW., Washington, DC 20522
- Fax: 202-736-9111
You must include the DS form number (if applicable), information collection title, and the OMB control number in any correspondence.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed collection instrument and supporting documents, to Derek A. Rivers, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Overseas Citizens Services (CA/OCS/PMO), U.S. Department of State, 2201 C. St. NW., Washington, DC 20522, who may be reached at mailto:RiversDA@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
- Title of Information Collection: Request for Determination of Possible Loss of United States Citizenship.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0178.
- Type of Request: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: Bureau of Consular Affairs, Overseas Citizens Services (CA/OCS).
- Form Number: DS-4079.
- Respondents: United States Citizens.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 600.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 600.
- Average Time per Response: 40 minutes.
- Total Estimated Burden Time: 400 hours.
- Frequency: On Occasion.
- Obligation to Respond: Voluntary, but if not completed, may not obtain or retain benefits.
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper functions of the Department.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the time and cost burden for this proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Please note that comments submitted in response to this Notice are public record. Before including any detailed personal information, you should be aware that your comments as submitted, including your personal information, will be available for public review.
Abstract of proposed collection:
The purpose of the DS-4079 questionnaire is to determine current citizenship status and the possibility of loss of United States citizenship. The information provided assists consular officers and the Department of State in determining if the U.S. citizen has lost his or her nationality by voluntarily performing an expatriating act with the intention of relinquishing United States nationality. 8 U.S.C. 1501 grants authority to collect this information.
The Bureau of Consular Affairs will post this form on Department of State Web sites to give respondents the opportunity to complete the form online, or print the form and fill it out manually and submit the form in person or by fax or mail.Start Signature
Dated: July 7, 2016.
Managing Director, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Overseas Citizens Services, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2016-19019 Filed 8-9-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-06-P