Office of Attorney Recruitment and Management, Department of Justice
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Justice Management Division, Office of Attorney Recruitment and Management (OARM), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until October 17, 2016.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Attorney Recruitment and Management, 450 5th Street NW., Suite 10200, Attn: Deana Willis, Washington, DC 20530.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other Start Printed Page 54605technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
1. Type of Information Collection: Extension and revision of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Attorney Student Loan Repayment Program Electronic Forms.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: Form Number: None. Office of Attorney Recruitment and Management, Justice Management Division, U.S. Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. Other: None.
The Department of Justice Attorney Student Loan Repayment Program (ASLRP) is an agency recruitment and retention incentive program based on 5 U.S.C. 5379, as amended, and 5 CFR part 537. Anyone currently employed as an attorney or hired to serve in an attorney position within the Department may request consideration for the ASLRP. The Department selects new participants during an annual open season each spring and renews current beneficiaries who remain qualified for these benefits, subject to availability of funds. There are two application forms—one for new requests, and the other for renewal requests. A justification form (applicable to new requests only) and a loan continuation form complete the collection.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: The Department anticipates about 275 respondents annually will complete the new request form and justification form and apply for participation in the ASLRP. In addition, each year the Department expects to receive approximately 110 applications from attorneys requesting renewal of the benefits they received in previous years. It is estimated that each new request (including justification) will take two (2) hours to complete, and each renewal request approximately 20 minutes to complete.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated public burden associated with this collection is 586 hours, 40 minutes. It is estimated that new applicants will take 2 hours to complete the request form and justification and that current recipients requesting continued funding will take 20 minutes to complete a renewal form. The burden hours for collecting respondent data, 586 hours, 40 minutes, are calculated as follows: 275 new respondents × 2 hours = 550 hours, plus 110 renewing respondents × 20 minutes = 36 hours, 40 minutes.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: August 10, 2016.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2016-19446 Filed 8-15-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-PB-P