Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
EPA has received applications to register new uses for pesticide products containing currently registered active ingredients. Pursuant to the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), EPA is hereby providing notice of receipt and opportunity to comment on these applications.
Comments must be received on or before September 19, 2016.
Submit your comments, identified by the docket identification (ID) number and the File Symbol or Registration Number of interest as shown in the body of this document by one of the following methods:
Start Further Info
Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the online instructions for submitting comments. Start Printed Page 55196Do not submit electronically any information you consider to be Confidential Business Information (CBI) or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute.
Mail: OPP Docket, Environmental Protection Agency Docket Center (EPA/DC), (28221T), 1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001.
Hand Delivery: To make special arrangements for hand delivery or delivery of boxed information, please follow the instructions at http://www.epa.gov/dockets/contacts.html. Additional instructions on commenting or visiting the docket, along with more information about dockets generally, is available at http://www.epa.gov/dockets.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Robert McNally, Biopesticides and Pollution Prevention Division (BPPD) (7511P), main telephone number: (703) 305-7090, email address: BPPDFRNotices@epa.gov; or Michael Goodis, Registration Division (RD) (7505P), main telephone number: (703) 305-7090, email address: RDFRNotices@epa.gov. The mailing address for each contact person is: Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001. As part of the mailing address, include the contact person's name, division, and mail code. The division to contact is listed at the end of each application summary.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does this action apply to me?
You may be potentially affected by this action if you are an agricultural producer, food manufacturer, or pesticide manufacturer. The following list of North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) codes is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather provides a guide to help readers determine whether this document applies to them. Potentially affected entities may include:
- Crop production (NAICS code 111).
- Animal production (NAICS code 112).
- Food manufacturing (NAICS code 311).
- Pesticide manufacturing (NAICS code 32532).
B. What should I consider as I prepare my comments for EPA?
1. Submitting CBI. Do not submit this information to EPA through regulations.gov or email. Clearly mark the part or all of the information that you claim to be CBI. For CBI information in a disk or CD-ROM that you mail to EPA, mark the outside of the disk or CD-ROM as CBI and then identify electronically within the disk or CD-ROM the specific information that is claimed as CBI. In addition to one complete version of the comment that includes information claimed as CBI, a copy of the comment that does not contain the information claimed as CBI must be submitted for inclusion in the public docket. Information so marked will not be disclosed except in accordance with procedures set forth in 40 CFR part 2.
2. Tips for preparing your comments. When preparing and submitting your comments, see the commenting tips at http://www.epa.gov/dockets/comments.html.
II. Registration Applications
EPA has received applications to register new uses for pesticide products containing currently registered active ingredients. Pursuant to the provisions of FIFRA section 3(c)(4) (7 U.S.C. 136a(c)(4)), EPA is hereby providing notice of receipt and opportunity to comment on these applications. Notice of receipt of these applications does not imply a decision by the Agency on these applications.
1. EPA Registration Numbers: 264-1049, 264-1050, 264-1065. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-OPP-2016-0255. Applicant: Bayer CropScience, P.O. Box 12014, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709. Active ingredient: Spirotetramat. Product type: Insecticide. Proposed use: Carrot. Contact: RD.
2. EPA Registration Numbers: 264-1049, 264-1050, 264-1051, 264-1065. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-OPP-2016-0255. Applicant: Bayer CropScience, P.O. Box 12014, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709. Active ingredient: Spirotetramat. Product type: Insecticide. Proposed uses: Sugar beet, bushberry subgroup low growing berry (crop subgroups 13-07B and 13-07H). Contact: RD.
3. EPA Registration Number: 2724-804. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2016-0342. Applicant: Wellmark International; 1501 E. Woodfield Road, Suite 200 West; Schaumburg, IL 60173. Active ingredient: Piperonyl butoxide. Product type: Insecticide. Proposed use: Fungi, edible, group 21. Contact: RD.
4. EPA Registration Numbers: 42750-85 and 42750-169. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2016-0384. Applicant: Albaugh, LLC, P.O. Box 2127, Valdosta, GA 31604. Active ingredient: Quinclorac. Product type: Herbicide. Proposed uses: Bushberries, caneberries, and asparagus. Contact: RD.
5. EPA Registration Number: 89459-19. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2016-0342. Applicant: Central Garden and Pet Company; 1501 East Woodfield Road, Suite 200W; Schaumburg, IL 60173. Active ingredient: Piperonyl butoxide. Product type: Insecticide. Proposed use: Fungi, edible, group 21. Contact: RD.
6. File Symbol: 6218-IT. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2016-0165. Applicant: Summit Chemical Co., 235 S. Kresson St., Baltimore, MD 21224-2616. Active ingredient: Bacillus thuringiensis subspecies israelensis strain SUM-6218. Product type: Insecticide. Proposed use: To control mosquito larvae outdoors, indoors, and in residential areas and psychodid fly larvae in wastewater treatment plants. Contact: BPPD.
7. File Symbol: 7173-GNL. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2016-0420. Applicant: Liphatech, 3600 West Elm St., Milwaukee, WI 53209. Active ingredient: Chlorophacinone. Product type: Rodenticide. Proposed use: California ground squirrels. Contact: RD.
8. File Symbol: 42750-GRG. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2016-0360. Applicant: Albaugh, LLC, P.O. Box 2127, Valdosta, GA 31604. Active ingredient: quizalofop-P-ethyl. Product type: Herbicide. Proposed use: Herbicide-tolerant wheat. Contact: RD.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: August 10, 2016.
Acting Director, Registration Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 2016-19759 Filed 8-17-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P