This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 08/26/2016 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of submission to the Office of Management and Budget; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review. The information collection is entitled, “Criteria and Procedures for Determining Eligibility for Access to or Control Over Special Nuclear Material.”
Submit comments by September 28, 2016.
Submit comments directly to the OMB reviewer at: Vlad Dorjets, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0062), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503; telephone: 202-395-7315, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
David Cullison, NRC Clearance Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@nrc.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2015-0280 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information for this action. You may obtain publicly-available information related to this action by any of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC 2015-0280. A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by accessing Docket ID NRC-2015-0280 on this Web site.
- NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to email@example.com. The supporting statement is available in ADAMS under Accession ML16222A303.
- NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
- NRC's Clearance Officer: A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by contacting the NRC's Clearance Officer, David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.
B. Submitting Comments
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information in comment submissions that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. All comment submissions are posted at http://www.regulations.gov and entered into ADAMS. Comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the OMB, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment submissions into ADAMS.
Under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the NRC recently submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to OMB for review entitled, “Criteria and Procedures for Determining Eligibility for Access to or Control Over Special Nuclear Material.” The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on May 4, 2016, (81 FR 26836).
1. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR part 11, “Criteria and Procedures for Determining Eligibility for Access to or Control Over Special Nuclear Material.”
2. OMB approval number: 3150-0062.
3. Type of submission: Extension.
4. The form number if applicable: N/A.
5. How often the collection is required or requested: On Occasion.
6. Who will be required or asked to respond: Employees (including applicants for employment), contractors, and consultants of NRC licensees and contractors whose activities involve access to, or control over, special nuclear material at either fixed sites or for transportation activities.
7. The estimated number of annual responses: 328 (326 reporting responses + 2 recordkeepers).
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 2.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to comply with the information collection requirement or request: 81.9
10. Abstract: The NRC's regulations in part 11 of title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR), establish requirements for access to special nuclear material, and the criteria and procedures for resolving questions concerning the eligibility of individuals to receive special nuclear material access authorization. The specific part 11 requirements covered under this OMB clearance include requests for exemptions to part 11 requirements, amendments to security plans that require incumbents to have material access authorizations, access authorization cancellations. In addition, licensees must keep records of the names and access authorization numbers of certain individuals assigned to shipments of special nuclear material. The information required by 10 CFR part 11 is needed to establish control over and maintain records of who is properly authorized to safeguard and Start Printed Page 59251have access to special nuclear material. Not knowing this information could cause harm to the public and national security.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 23rd of August, 2016.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 2016-20564 Filed 8-26-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P