Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register 81 FR 45534, on July 14, 2016, allowing for a 60-day comment period.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for an additional 30 days until October 26, 2016.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Tracey Robertson, Chief, Federal Firearms Licensing Center, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405 at email or telephone: Tracey.Robertson@atf.gov or (304) 616-4647. Written comments and/or suggestions can also be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503 or sent to OIRA_submissions@omb.eop.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection: Extension, without change, of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Application for an Amended Federal Firearms License.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number: ATF F 5300.38.
Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Abstract: The Gun Control Act requires that each person applying for a Federal Firearms License (FFL) change of address must certify compliance with the provisions of the law for the new address. The ATF F 5300.38, Application for an Amended Federal Firearms License is the application method used by existing Federal Firearms licensees to change the business address of the license and certify compliance. Licensees are required to notify ATF of the intent to move any business premises no later than 30 days prior to the intended move.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 18,000 respondents will take 30 minutes to complete the form.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 9,000 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Start Printed Page 66079Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3E-405B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: September 20, 2016.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2016-23006 Filed 9-23-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P