This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 09/29/2016 at 08:45 am.
In accordance with Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, as amended), the National Science Foundation announces the following meeting:
Advisory Committee for Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences (#1171).
October 27, 2016; 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
October 28, 2016; 8:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
Place: National Science Foundation, 4201 Wilson Boulevard, Stafford I, Room 1235, Arlington, VA 22230.
Type of Meeting: Open.
Contact Person: Dr. Deborah Olster, Office of the Assistant Director, Directorate for Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences, National Science Foundation, 4201 Wilson Boulevard, Room 905, Arlington, Virginia 22230; Telephone: 703-292-8700.
Summary of Minutes: May be obtained from contact person listed above.
Purpose of Meeting: To provide advice and recommendations to the National Science Foundation on major goals and policies pertaining to Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences Directorate (SBE) programs and activities.
Thursday, October 27, 2016
- SBE Directorate and Division Updates
- NSF Strategic Plan
- Update from the National Institutes of Health
- Division of Social and Economic Sciences (SES) Committee of Visitors Report and SES Response
- The National Academies' Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education: Reflections from the Executive Director
- NSF “Big Idea” for Future Investment: Navigating the New Artic
- Report to the National Science Board on the NSF's Merit Review Process Fiscal Year 2015
Friday, October 28, 2016
- Meeting with NSF Leadership
- NSF “Big Idea” for Future Investment: Understanding the Rules of Life: Predicting Phenotype
- Reframing the Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Future Meetings, Assignments and Concluding Remarks
Dated: September 26, 2016.
Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. 2016-23644 Filed 9-29-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7555-01-P