This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 11/02/2016 at 08:45 am.
Notice of request for public comment.
The Department of State is seeking Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for the information collection described below. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, we are requesting comments on this collection from all interested individuals and organizations. The purpose of this notice is to allow 60 days for public comment preceding submission of the collection to OMB.
The Department will accept comments from the public up to January 3, 2017.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- Web: Persons with access to the Internet may use the Federal Docket Management System (FDMS) to comment on this notice by going to www.Regulations.gov. You can search for the document by entering the docket number (DOS-2016-0052) in the Search bar.
- Email: MessingerCB@state.gov.
- Mail: Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs; U.S. Department of State; SA-5, Room C2-C20; Washington, DC 20522-0503.
You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and the OMB control number in any correspondence.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed collection instrument and supporting documents, to Carlyn Messinger, Alumni Outreach Specialist, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs; U.S. Department of State; SA-5, Room C2-C20; Washington, DC 20522-0503, who may be reached on 202-632-6183 or at MessingerCB@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
- Title of Information Collection: Exchange Programs Alumni Web site Registration.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0192.
- Type of Request: Revision of an Approved Request.
- Originating Office: Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, ECA/P/A.
- Form Number: DS-7006.Start Printed Page 76686
- Respondents: Exchange program alumni and current participants of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 5,000 for full form, and 41,000 for expedited form.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 46,000.
- Average Time per Response: 10 minutes for response to the full form or 2 minutes for response to the expedited form.
- Total Estimated Burden Time: 2,200 hours (reduction of approximately 30% since last approval).
- Frequency: One time per respondent.
- Obligation To Respond: Required to Obtain or Retain a Benefit.
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper functions of the Department.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the time and cost burden for this proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Please note that comments submitted in response to this Notice are public record. Before including any detailed personal information, you should be aware that your comments as submitted, including your personal information, will be available for public review.
Abstract of proposed collection: The International Exchange Alumni Web site requires information to process users' voluntary request for participation in the International Exchange Alumni Web site. Other than contact and exchange program information, which is required for Web site registration, all other information is provided on a voluntary basis. Participants also have the option of restricting access to their information.
Respondents to this registration form are U.S. government-sponsored exchange program participants and alumni. Alumni Affairs collects data from users not only to verify their status or participation in a program, but to help alumni network with one another and aid Embassy staff in their alumni outreach. Once a user account is activated, the same information may be used for contests, competitions, and other public diplomacy initiatives in support of Embassy and foreign policy goals.
Methodology: Information provided for registration is collected electronically via the Alumni Web site, alumni.state.gov.
Additional Information: Since the previous approval, improvements made to the Web site have decreased the burden to respondents by 30%. International Exchange Alumni is a secure, encrypted Web site.Start Signature
Dated: October 7, 2016.
Director, Office of Policy and Evaluation, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2016-26594 Filed 11-2-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-05-P