Civil Rights Division, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Civil Rights Division, Federal Coordination and Compliance Section, will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. This collection was previously published in the Federal Register at 81 FR 64512, on September 20, 2016, allowing for a 60 day public comment period.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for an additional 30 days until December 29, 2016.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Christine Stoneman, Acting Chief, Federal Coordination and Compliance Section, 950 Pennsylvania Avenue NW-NWB, Washington, DC 20005 (phone: 202-307-2222). Written comments and/or suggestions can also be sent to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503 or sent to OIRA_submissions@omb.eop.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
1. Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Complaint and Consent Form.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: The form number is 1190-0008. The applicable component within the Department of Justice is the Federal Coordination and Compliance Section, in the Civil Rights Division.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: General public.Start Printed Page 86015
Information is used to find jurisdiction to investigate the alleged discrimination, to seek whether a referral to another agency is necessary and to provide information needed to initiate investigation of the complaint. Respondents are individuals.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 4,000 respondents will complete each form within approximately 30 minutes.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 2,000 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, Room 3W-1407B, 145 N Street NE., Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: November 22, 2016.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2016-28608 Filed 11-28-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-13-P