This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 12/02/2016 at 08:45 am.
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until February 3, 2017.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments, particularly with respect to the estimated public burden or associated response time, have suggestions, need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or desire any additional information, please contact Shawn Stevens, Federal Explosives Licensing Center either by mail at 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, or by telephone at 304-616-4421.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection (check justification or form 83): Extension, without change, of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Supplemental Information on Water Quality Considerations.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Departmentsponsoring the collection:
Form number (if applicable): (ATF F 5000.30).
Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Other (if applicable): None.
Abstract: The data provided by the applicant on ATF F 5000.30, Supplemental Information on Water Quality Considerations, allows the ATF to identify waste product(s) generated as a result of explosives operations, the disposal of these products into navigable waters, and if there is any adverse impact on the environment. The information may be disclosed to other Federal, State, and local law enforcement and regulatory personnel, in order to verify information on the form and aid in the enforcement of environmental laws.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 680 respondents will utilize the form, and it will take each respondent approximately 30 minutes to complete the form.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 340 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3E-405B, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: November 29, 2016.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2016-29027 Filed 12-2-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P