This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 12/14/2016 at 08:45 am.
Community Oriented Policing Services, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ) Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 60 days for public comment February 13, 2017.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Lashon M. Hilliard, Department of Justice Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, 145 N Street NE., Washington, DC 20530.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.Start Printed Page 90870
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: COPS Application Package.
(3) Agency form number: 1103-0098 U.S. Department of Justice Office of Community Oriented Policing Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Law Enforcement Agencies.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: The estimated total number of respondents is 5,000. The estimated hourly burden to the applicant is 11 hours for each respondent to review the instructions and complete the application.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 55,000 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact:: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: December 12, 2016.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2016-30108 Filed 12-14-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-AT-P