This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 12/21/2016 at 08:45 am.
Federal Emergency Management Agency, DHS.
Committee Management; Notice of Open Federal Advisory Committee Meeting.
The Board of Visitors for the National Fire Academy (Board) will meet via teleconference on January 10, 2017. The meeting will be open to the public.
The meeting will take place on Tuesday, January 10, 2017, from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time. Please note that the meeting may close early if the Board has completed its business.
Members of the public who wish to participate in the teleconference should contact Ruth MacPhail as listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section by close of business January 8, 2017, to obtain the call-in number and access code. For information on services for individuals with disabilities or to request special assistance, contact Ruth MacPhail as soon as possible.
To facilitate public participation, we are inviting public comment on the issues to be considered by the Board as listed in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section. Comments must be submitted in writing no later than January 8, 2017, and must be identified by Docket ID FEMA-2008-0010 and may be submitted by one of the following methods:
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for submitting comments.
- Email: FEMA-RULES@fema.dhs.gov. Include the docket number in the subject line of the message.Start Printed Page 93950
- Mail/Hand Delivery: Ruth MacPhail, 16825 South Seton Avenue, Emmitsburg, Maryland 21727.
Instructions: All submissions received must include the words “Department of Homeland Security” and the Docket ID for this action. Comments received will be posted without alteration at http://www.regulations.gov, including any personal information provided.
Docket: For access to the docket to read background documents or comments received by the National Fire Academy Board of Visitors, go to http://www.regulations.gov, click on “Advanced Search,” then enter “FEMA-2008-0010” in the “By Docket ID” box, then select “FEMA” under “By Agency,” and then click “Search.”Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Alternate Designated Federal Officer: Kirby E. Kiefer, telephone (301) 447-1117, email Kirby.Kiefer@fema.dhs.gov.
Logistical Information: Ruth MacPhail, telephone (301) 447-1333 and email Ruth.Macphail@fema.dhs.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Notice of this meeting is given under the Federal Advisory Committee Act, 5 U.S.C. Appendix.
Purpose of the Board
The purpose of the Board is to review annually the programs of the National Fire Academy (NFA) and advise the Administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), through the United States Fire Administrator, on the operation of the NFA and any improvements therein that the Board deems appropriate. In carrying out its responsibilities, the Board examines NFA programs to determine whether these programs further the basic missions that are approved by the Administrator of FEMA, examines the physical plant of the NFA to determine the adequacy of the NFA's facilities, and examines the funding levels for NFA programs. The Board submits a written annual report through the United States Fire Administrator to the Administrator of FEMA. The report provides detailed comments and recommendations regarding the operation of the NFA.
1. The Board will receive updates on U.S. Fire Administration data, research, and response support initiatives.
2. The Board will receive updates on deferred maintenance and capital improvements on the National Emergency Training Center campus and budget planning.
3. The Board will deliberate and vote on recommendations on NFA program activities, including:
- Empanel a subcommittee to evaluate and make recommendations concerning the Executive Fire Officer program to include curriculum, projects and other requirements;
- A progress report to readdress the educational requirements of the Managing Officer Program, a multi-year curriculum that introduces emerging emergency services leaders to personal and professional skills in change management, risk reduction, and adaptive leadership;
- Activity reports on the following subcommittees: Professional Development Initiative, Whole Community, and National Fire Incident Reporting System Subcommittee;
- Executive Fire Officer Program Symposium held on September 8-10, 2016;
- Mediated online training update.
There will be a 10-minute comment period after each agenda item; each speaker will be given no more than 2 minutes to speak. Please note that the public comment period may end before the time indicated, following the last call for comments. Contact Ruth MacPhail to register as a speaker. Meeting materials will be posted at https://www.usfa.fema.gov/training/nfa/about/bov.html by December 19, 2016.Start Signature
Dated: December 16, 2016.
Kirby E. Kiefer,
Acting Superintendent, National Fire Academy, United States Fire Administration, Federal Emergency Management Agency.
[FR Doc. 2016-30800 Filed 12-21-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-45-P