This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 01/10/2017 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of submission to the Office of Management and Budget; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment on the renewal of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for an existing collection of information. The information collection is entitled, “NRC Form 327, Special Nuclear Material (SNM) and Source Material (SM) Physical Inventory Summary Report, and NUREG/BR-0096, Instructions and Guidance for Completing Physical Inventory.”
Submit comments by February 10, 2017.
Submit comments directly to the OMB reviewer at: Vlad Dorjets, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OMB 3150-0139), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503; telephone: 202-395-7315, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
David Cullison, NRC Clearance Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@nrc.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2016-0062 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information for this action. You may obtain publicly-available information related to this action by any of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2016-0062. A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by accessing Docket ID NRC-2016-0062 on this Web site.
- NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to email@example.com. A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by accessing ADAMS Accession No(s). ML082620258 and ML17005A225. The supporting statement is available in ADAMS under Accession No. ML16340B551.
- NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
- NRC's Clearance Officer: A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by contacting the NRC's Clearance Officer, David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.
B. Submitting Comments
Please include Docket ID NRC-2016-0062 in the subject line of your comment submission, in order to ensure that the NRC is able to make your comment submission available to the public in this docket.
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information in comment submissions that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. All comment submissions are posted at http://www.regulations.gov and entered into ADAMS. Comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the OMB, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment into ADAMS.
Under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the NRC recently Start Printed Page 3365submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to OMB for review entitled, “NRC Form 327, Special Nuclear Material (SNM) and Source Material (SM) Physical Inventory Summary Report, and NUREG/BR-0096, Instructions and Guidance for Completing Physical Inventory.” The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on September 22, 2016 (81 FR 65412).
1. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 327, “Special Nuclear Material (SNM) and Source Material (SM) Physical Inventory Summary Report, and NUREG/BR-0096, Instructions and Guidance for Completing Physical Inventory”
2. OMB approval number: 3150-0139.
3. Type of submission: Extension.
4. The form number if applicable: NRC Form 327.
5. How often the collection is required or requested: Certain licensees possessing strategic SNM are required to report inventories every six months. Licensees possessing SNM of moderate strategic significance must report every nine months. Licensees possessing SNM of low strategic significance must report annually, except one licensee must report its dynamic inventories every two months and a static inventory on an annual basis.
6. Who will be required or asked to respond: Fuel facility licensees possessing SNM, i.e., enriched uranium, plutonium or U-233.
7. The estimated number of annual responses: 26.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 6.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to comply with the information collection requirement or request: 104 hours (4 hours per response × 26 responses).
10. Abstract: NRC Form 327 is submitted by certain fuel facility licensees to account for SNM. The data is used by NRC to assess licensee material control and accounting programs and to confirm the absence of (or detect the occurrence of) SNM theft or diversion. NUREG/BR-0096 provides guidance and instructions for completing the form in accordance with the requirements appropriate for a particular licensee.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 5th day of January 2016.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
David C. Cullison,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 2017-00320 Filed 1-10-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P