This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 02/16/2017 at 08:45 am.
Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until April 18, 2017.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
All comments, suggestions, or questions regarding additional information, to include obtaining a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, should be directed to Mrs. Amy Blasher, Unit Chief, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Criminal Information Services Division, Module E-3, 1000 Custer Hollow Road, Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306; facsimile (304) 625-3566.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
1. Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Monthly Return of Arson Offenses Known to Law Enforcement.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: The form number is 1-725. The applicable component within the Department of Justice is the Criminal Justice Information Services Division, in the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: City, county, state, tribal and federal law enforcement agencies.
Abstract: Under Title 28, U.S. Code, Section 534, Acquisition, Preservation, and Exchange of Identification Records; Appointment of Officials, 1930, and the Anti-Arson Act of 1982, this collection request the number of arson from city, county, state, tribal, and federal law enforcement agencies in order for the FBI UCR Program to serve as the national clearinghouse for the collection and dissemination of arson data and to publish these statistics in the Preliminary report and Crime in the United States.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: There are approximately 9,623 law enforcement agency respondents that submit monthly for a total of 111,222 responses with an estimated response time of 9 minutes per response.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are approximately 16,683 hours, annual burden, associated with this information collection.
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., 3E.405A, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: February 14, 2017.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2017-03212 Filed 2-16-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-02-P