This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 03/13/2017 at 08:45 am.
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until May 15, 2017.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments, particularly with respect to the estimated public burden or associated response time, have suggestions, need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or desire any additional information, please contact Keith Krolczky, National Investigative Division, Alcohol and Tobacco Enforcement Branch, either by mail at 99 New York Avenue NE., Washington, DC 20226, by email at ATEB@atf.gov, or by telephone at 202-648-8526.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection (check justification or form 83): Revision of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking (PACT) Act Registration Form.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number (if applicable): ATF F 5070.1.
Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Other (if applicable): None.
Abstract: The form is required for any person who sells, transfers, or ships for profit cigarettes or smokeless tobacco in interstate commerce, whereby such cigarettes or smokeless tobacco are shipped into a State, locality, or Indian country of an Indian tribe taxing the sale or use of cigarettes or smokeless tobacco, or who advertises or offers cigarettes or smokeless tobacco for such a sale, transfer, or shipment, shall file first with the Attorney General of the United States.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 400 respondents will utilize the form, and it will take each respondent approximately 1 hour to complete the form.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 400 hours, which is equal to (400 (# of respondents) * 1 (hourly rate to complete the form).
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., 3E.405A, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: March 9, 2017.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2017-04949 Filed 3-13-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P