This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 04/14/2017 at 08:45 am.
Notice of request for public comment and submission to OMB of proposed collection of information.
The Department of State has submitted the information collection described below to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for approval. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, we are requesting comments on this collection from all interested individuals and organizations. The purpose of this Notice is to allow 30 days for public comment.
Submit comments directly to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) up to May 17, 2017.
Direct comments to the Department of State Desk Officer in the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). You may submit comments by the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and the OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Fax: 202-395-5806. Attention: Desk Officer for Department of State.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed collection instrument and supporting documents, to G. Kevin Saba, Director, Policy and Program Support Unit, ECA/EC, SA-5, Floor 5, U.S. Department of State, 2200 C Street NW., Washington, DC 20522-0505, who may be reached via JExchanges@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
- Title of Information Collection: Annual Report—J-NONIMMIGRANT Exchange Visitor Program.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0151.
- Type of Request: Revision of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of Private Sector Exchange, ECA/EC.
- Form Number: DS-3097.
- Respondents: Designated J-NONIMMIGRANT Exchange Visitor Program sponsors.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 1,400.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 1,400.
- Average Time Per Response: 2 hours.
- Total Estimated Burden Time: 2,800.
- Frequency: Annually.
- Obligation to Respond: Required to Obtain or Retain a Benefit.
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper functions of the Department.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the time and cost burden for this proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.Start Printed Page 18205
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Please note that comments submitted in response to this Notice are public record. Before including any detailed personal information, you should be aware that your comments as submitted, including your personal information, will be available for public review.
Abstract of Proposed Collection
Annual reports from designated program sponsors assist the Department in oversight and administration of the J-NONIMMIGRANT Exchange Visitor Program. The reports provide qualitative data on the number of exchange visitors an organization sponsored annually per category of exchange. The reports also provide a summary of the activities in which exchange visitors were engaged and indicate information about program results. Exchange Visitor Program sponsors include government agencies, academic institutions, and private sector not-for-profit and for-profit entities. Annual reports are completed through the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and then printed and signed by a sponsor official, and then sent to the Department by email or postal mail.Start Signature
G. Kevin Saba,
Director, Policy and Program Support Unit, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, U.S. Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2017-07653 Filed 4-14-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-05-P