This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 04/27/2017 at 08:45 am.
Food and Drug Administration, HHS.
Notice; reopening of comment period; request for information.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is reopening the comment period for the Request for Information that appeared in the Federal Register of April 15, 2016. In the Request for Information, FDA requested comments regarding issues related to utilizing the product identifier for product tracing, improving the technical capabilities of the supply chain, and identifying system attributes that are necessary to implement the requirements established under the Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA). The information gathered from additional public comments will further inform the design and development of the pilot project(s) that FDA establishes under the DSCSA. FDA is reopening the comment period to receive updated comments and any new information.
FDA is reopening the comment period on the Request for Information published April 15, 2016 (81 FR 22279). Submit either electronic or written comments by April 30, 2018. Late, untimely filed comments will not be considered. Electronic comments must be submitted on or before April 30, 2018. The https://www.regulations.gov/ electronic filing system will accept comments until midnight Eastern Time at the end of April 30, 2018. Comments received by mail/hand delivery/courier (for written/paper submissions) will be considered timely if they are postmarked or the delivery service acceptance receipt is on or before that date.
You may submit comments as follows:
Submit electronic comments in the following way:
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: https://www.regulations.gov/. Follow the instructions for submitting comments. Comments submitted electronically, including attachments, to https://www.regulations.gov/ will be posted to the docket unchanged. Because your comment will be made public, you are solely responsible for ensuring that your comment does not include any confidential information that you or a third party may not wish to be posted, such as medical information, your or anyone else's Social Security number, or confidential business information, such as a manufacturing process. Please note that if you include your name, contact information, or other information that identifies you in the body of your comments, that information will be posted on https://www.regulations.gov/. Start Printed Page 19738
- If you want to submit a comment with confidential information that you do not wish to be made available to the public, submit the comment as a written/paper submission and in the manner detailed (see “Written/Paper Submissions” and “Instructions”).
Submit written/paper submissions as follows:
- Mail/Hand delivery/Courier (for written/paper submissions): Division of Dockets Management (HFA-305), Food and Drug Administration, 5630 Fishers Lane, Rm. 1061, Rockville, MD 20852.
- For written/paper comments submitted to the Division of Dockets Management, FDA will post your comment, as well as any attachments, except for information submitted, marked and identified, as confidential, if submitted as detailed in “Instructions.”
Instructions: All submissions received must include the Docket No. FDA-2016-N-1114 for ” Pharmaceutical Distribution Supply Chain Pilot Projects; Reopening of Comment Period; Request for Information.” Received comments, those filed in a timely manner (see DATES), will be placed in the docket and, except for those submitted as “Confidential Submissions,” publicly viewable at https://www.regulations.gov/ or at the Division of Dockets Management between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Confidential Submissions—To submit a comment with confidential information that you do not wish to be made publicly available, submit your comments only as a written/paper submission. You should submit two copies total. One copy will include the information you claim to be confidential with a heading or cover note that states “THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.” The Agency will review this copy, including the claimed confidential information, in its consideration of comments. The second copy, which will have the claimed confidential information redacted/blacked out, will be available for public viewing and posted on https://www.regulations.gov/. Submit both copies to the Division of Dockets Management. If you do not wish your name and contact information to be made publicly available, you can provide this information on the cover sheet and not in the body of your comments and you must identify this information as “confidential.” Any information marked as “confidential” will not be disclosed except in accordance with 21 CFR 10.20 and other applicable disclosure law. For more information about FDA's posting of comments to public dockets, see 80 FR 56469, September 18, 2015, or access the information at: https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2015-09-18/pdf/2015-23389.pdf.
Docket: For access to the docket to read background documents or the electronic and written/paper comments received, go to https://www.regulations.gov/ and insert the docket number, found in brackets in the heading of this document, into the “Search” box and follow the prompts and/or go to the Division of Dockets Management, 5630 Fishers Lane, Rm. 1061, Rockville, MD 20852.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Daniel Bellingham, Office of Compliance, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, 10903 New Hampshire Ave., Silver Spring, MD 20993-0002, 301-796-3130, DSCSAPilotProjects@fda.hhs.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
In the Federal Register of April 15, 2016, FDA published a Request for Information with a 30-day comment period to request comments relating to FDA implementation of the DSCSA. To permit additional and update submissions, we are reopening this comment period and extending it for April 30, 2018. We are particularly interested in comments regarding past or present pilot projects related to enhancing the safety and security of the pharmaceutical distribution supply chain. Stakeholders that may be interested in responding to this request for information include manufacturers, repackagers, wholesale distributors, dispensers, State and Federal authorities, solution providers, and standards organizations, and other interested persons. FDA is particularly interested in learning about the practices, processes, and systems that supply chain stakeholders have used or considered using in such pilot projects. This includes, but is not limited to, information about the following:
- Utilizing the product identifier for tracing of a product, which may include verification of the product identifier of a product, including the use of aggregation and inference;
- Technical capabilities each sector of the supply chain to comply with systems and processes needed to utilize the product identifier to enhance the tracing of a product; or
- System attributes that are necessary to implement the requirements established under the DSCSA.
Interested persons are requested to provide any other relevant information that may inform FDA's development of a pilot project under the DSCSA.
FDA is reopening the comment period for the Request for Information for 1 year, until April 30, 2018. The Agency believes that an additional comment period of 1 year will allow time for interested persons to submit new, additional, or updated comments on these important issues.Start Signature
Dated: April 19, 2017.
Anna K. Abram,
Deputy Commissioner for Policy, Planning, Legislation, and Analysis.
[FR Doc. 2017-08583 Filed 4-27-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4164-01-P