Executive Office for Immigration Review, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until July 3, 2017.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Jean King, General Counsel, USDOJ-EOIR-OGC, Suite 2600, 5107 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, Virginia 20530; telephone: (703) 305-0470.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Bureau of Justice Statistics, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection:
1. Type of Information Collection: Revision and extension of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative Before the Board of Immigration Appeals.
3. The agency form number: EOIR-27 (OMB #1125-0005).
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Attorneys or representatives notifying the Board of Immigration Appeals (Board) that they are representing a party in proceedings before the Board.
Abstract: This information collection is necessary to allow an attorney or representative to notify the Board that he or she is representing a party before the Board.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 20,669 respondents will complete each form within approximately 6 minutes.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 2,066 annual burden hours.
If additional information is required contact: Melody D. Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: April 27, 2017.
Melody D. Braswell,
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2017-08821 Filed 5-1-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-30-P