In accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, as amended), the National Science Foundation (NSF) announces the following meeting:
Name and Committee Code: Advisory Committee for Mathematical and Physical Sciences (#66).
Dates and Times:
June 15, 2017; 12:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
June 16, 2017; 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Place: National Science Foundation, 4201 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA 22230.
Type of Meeting: Open.
Contact Person: John Gillaspy, National Science Foundation, 4201 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 505, Arlington, Virginia 22230; Telephone: 703-292-7173.
Purpose of Meeting: To provide advice, recommendations, and counsel on major goals and policies pertaining to mathematical and physical sciences programs and activities.
Thursday, June 15, 2017
- Meeting opening, introductions, and approval of previous meeting minutes
- MPS update and follow up discussion
- Budget Discussion
- Discussion of Workload Issues and possibilities for addressing them
- Update on Transitions of Astronomy and DMR Facilities
- Prep for meeting with the NSF Director
Friday, June 16, 2017
- Opening of the day and FACA briefing
- NAS and other Surveys or Decadal Reports and the Role of the AC subcommittees, part I
- Communications with Congress and the Scientific Community
- Science Hors D'oeuvre: Update on LIGO and the Detection of Gravitational Waves
- Presentation from Director and Acting Chief Operations Officer, and feedback from the Advisory Committee
- Cyberinfrastructure Request for Information update
- NAS and other Surveys or Decadal Reports and the Role of the AC subcommittees, part II
- Future Role and Activities of the AC
- Wrap up and opportunity for public Q&A/Comments
Dated: May 15, 2017.
Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. 2017-10054 Filed 5-17-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7555-01-P