Office of Natural Resources Revenue, Interior.
On April 3, 2017, the U.S. Department of the Interior (DOI) Start Printed Page 25617published a notice establishing the Royalty Policy Committee (Committee) and requesting nominations and comments. This notice extends the nomination period end date by 30 additional days.
The deadline for nominations published in the notice of April 3, 2017 (82 FR 16222) is extended. Nominations for the Committee must be submitted by July 3, 2017.
You may submit nominations by any of the following methods:
Start Further Info
- Mail or hand-carry nominations to Ms. Kim Oliver, Department of the Interior, Office of Natural Resources Revenue, 1849 C Street, NW., MS 5134, Washington, DC 20240.
- Email nominations to: Kimiko.email@example.com.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ms. Judy Wilson, Office of Natural Resources Revenue; telephone (202) 208-4410; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
The Committee is established under the authority of the Secretary of the Interior (Secretary) and regulated by the Federal Advisory Committee Act. The purpose of the Committee is to ensure that the public receives the full value of the natural resources produced from Federal lands. The duties of the Committee are solely advisory in nature.
The Committee will not exceed 28 members and will be composed of Federal and non-Federal members in order to ensure fair and balanced representation.
The Secretary will appoint non-Federal members in the following categories:
- Up to six members representing the Governors of States that receive more than $10,000,000 annually in royalty revenues from onshore and offshore Federal leases
- Up to four members representing the Indian Tribes that are engaged in activities subject to laws relating to mineral development that is specific to one or more Indian Tribes
- Up to six members representing various mineral and/or energy stakeholders in Federal and Indian royalty policy
- Up to four members representing academia and public interest groups
Nominations should include a resume providing an adequate description of the nominee's qualifications, including information that would enable DOI to make an informed decision regarding meeting the membership requirements of the Committee and to permit DOI to contact a potential member. If you already submitted a nomination by one of the methods described in the ADDRESSES section of this Notice, you need not re-submit the nomination. We will consider all nominations received by these methods from April 3, 2017 through July 3, 2017. Additional information is available in the Royalty Policy Committee Establishment; Request for Nominations notice published on April 3, 2017 (82 FR 16222).
Public Disclosure of Comments: Before including your address, phone number, email address, or other personal identifying information in your comment, you should be aware that your entire nomination submission—including your personal identifying information—may be made publicly available at any time. While you can ask us in your submission to withhold your personal identifying information from public review, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so.
End Supplemental Information
Gregory J. Gould,
Director, Office of Natural Resources Revenue.
[FR Doc. 2017-11441 Filed 6-1-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4335-30-P