This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 06/20/2017 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Renewal of existing information collection; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment on the renewal of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for an existing collection of information. The information collection is entitled, “Material Control and Accounting of Special Nuclear Material.”
Submit comments by August 21, 2017. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but the Commission is able to ensure consideration only for comments received on or before this date.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2016-0263. Address questions about NRC dockets to Carol Gallagher; telephone: 301-415-3463; email: Carol.Gallagher@nrc.gov. For technical questions, contact the individual listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section of this document.
- Mail comments to: David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Office, Mail Stop: T-5 F53, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
For additional direction on obtaining information and submitting comments, see “Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments” in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Office, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2016-0263 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information for this action. You may obtain publicly-available information related to this action by any of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2016-0263.
- NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to email@example.com. The supporting statement for part 74 of title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR), “Material Control and Accounting of Special Nuclear Material,” is available in ADAMS under Accession No. ML17088A147.
- NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
- NRC's Clearance Officer: A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by contacting NRC's Clearance Officer, David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Office, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.
B. Submitting Comments
Please include Docket ID NRC-2016-0263 in the subject line of your comment submission, in order to ensure that the NRC is able to make your comment submission available to the public in this docket.
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. The NRC posts all comment submissions at http://www.regulations.gov as well as entering the comment submissions into ADAMS. The NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the NRC, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that the NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment submissions into ADAMS.
In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the NRC is requesting public comment on its intention to request the OMB's approval for the Start Printed Page 28362information collection summarized below:
1. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR part 74, “Material Control and Accounting of Special Nuclear Material.”
2. OMB approval number: 3150-0123.
3. Type of submission: Extension.
4. The form number, if applicable: Not applicable.
5. How often the collection is required or requested: Submission of fundamental material control plans is a one-time requirement which has been completed by all current licensees as required. However, licensees may submit amendments or revisions to the plans as necessary. Reports are submitted as events occur.
6. Who will be required or asked to respond: Persons licensed under 10 CFR part 70 who possess and use certain forms and quantities of special nuclear material (SNM).
7. The estimated number of annual responses: 173 (17 reporting responses + 156 recordkeepers).
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 156.
9. The estimated number of hours needed annually to comply with the information collection requirement or request: 8,869 (669 hours reporting + 8,200 hours recordkeeping).
10. Abstract: Part 74 establishes requirements for material control and accounting of SNM, and specific performance-based regulations for licensees authorized to possess, use, and produce strategic SNM, and SNM of moderate strategic significance and low strategic significance. The information is used by the NRC to make licensing and regulatory determinations concerning material accounting of SNM and to satisfy obligations of the United States to the International Atomic Energy Agency. Submission or retention of the information is mandatory for persons subject to the requirements.
III. Specific Requests for Comments
The NRC is seeking comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the estimate of the burden of the information collection accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection on respondents be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 15th day of June, 2017.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
David G. Cullison,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Office.
[FR Doc. 2017-12917 Filed 6-20-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P