Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed collection 1140-0007 is being revised to change all references from “Implements of War” to “Defense Articles” including the title of the collection, which will be changed to Release and Receipt of Imported Firearms, Ammunition, and Defense Articles.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until October 3, 2017.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments, particularly with respect to the estimated public burden or associated response time, have suggestions, need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or desire any additional information, please contact Desiree M. Dickinson, ATF Firearms and Explosives Imports Branch either by mail at 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, or by email at email@example.com.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
1. Type of Information Collection ( check justification or form 83): Revision of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Release and Receipt of Imported Firearms, Ammunition, and Defense Articles.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number (if applicable): ATF F 6A (5330.3C).
Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Individuals or households.
Other (if applicable): Business or other for-profit, and not-for-profit institutions.
Abstract: The data provided by this information collection request is used by ATF to determine if articles imported meet the statutory and regulatory criteria for importation and if the articles shown on the permit application have been actually imported.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 28,000 respondents will utilize the form, and it will take each respondent approximately 35 minutes to complete the form.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 16,333 hours which is equal to 28,000 (# of respondents) * .58332 (35 minutes).
7. An Explanation of the Change in Estimates: The adjustments associated with this collection are an increase in respondents by 8,000 and an increase in the total burden hours by 4,666.
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Start Printed Page 36421Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., 3E.405A, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: August 1, 2017.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2017-16431 Filed 8-3-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P