U.S. Coast Guard, Department of Homeland Security.
Notice of Federal Advisory Committee meeting.
The Chemical Transportation Advisory Committee and its subcommittees will meet in Washington, DC, to discuss committee matters relating to the safe and secure marine transportation of hazardous materials. These meetings will be open to the public.
The Chemical Transportation Advisory Committee subcommittees will meet on Tuesday, October 3, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Wednesday, October 4, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The full committee will meet on Thursday, October 5, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please note that these meetings may close early if the committee has completed its business.
The meeting will be held at the U.S. Coast Guard Headquarters, 2703 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. SE., Washington, DC 20593-6509.
Pre-registration Information: Pre-registration is required for access to Coast Guard Headquarters. Foreign nationals participating will be required to pre-register no later than noon on September 3, 2017, to be admitted to the meeting. U.S. citizens participating will be required to pre-register no later than noon on September 19, 2017, to be admitted to the meeting. To pre-register, contact Lieutenant Jake Lobb at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 372-1428. You will be asked to provide your name, telephone number, date of birth, and social security number. In addition, please provide the company or group in which you are affiliated, and whether parking is required. Foreign nationals will also need to provide your country of citizenship, passport country, country of residence, place of birth, passport number, and expiration date. All attendees will be required to provide a government-issued picture identification card in order to gain admittance to the building.
For information on facilities or services for individuals with disabilities or to request special assistance at the meeting, contact the Alternated Designated Federal Official as soon as possible using the contact information provided in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section of this notice.
Instructions: You are free to submit comments at any time, including orally at the meeting, but if you want committee members to review your comment before the meeting, please submit your comments no later than September 26, 2017. We are particularly interested in comments on the issues in the “Agenda” section below. You must include “Department of Homeland Security” and docket number USCG-2017-0793. Written comments must be submitted using the Federal eRulemaking Portal at http://www.regulations.gov. If you encounter technical difficulties with comment submission, contact the individual in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section of this document. Comments received will be posted without alteration at http://www.regulations.gov, including any personal information provided. You may review the Privacy Act and Security Notice for the Federal Docket Management System at https://regulations.gov/privacyNotice.
Docket Search: For access to the docket to read documents or comments related to this notice, go to http://www.regulations.gov, type “USCG-2017-0793)” in the “Search” box, press Enter, and then click on the item you wish to view.
Start Further Info
Start Printed Page 41280
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Lieutenant Jake Lobb, Alternate Designated Federal Official of the Chemical Transportation Advisory Committee, 2703 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. SE., Washington, DC 20593-7509, telephone 202-372-1428, fax 202-372-8380, or email@example.com.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
The Chemical Transportation Advisory Committee is established under the authority of Section 871 of the Homeland Security Act of 2002, Title 6, United States Code, section 451. This Committee is established in accordance with and operates under the provisions of the Federal Advisory Committee Act (Title 5, United States Code, Appendix).
The Chemical Transportation Advisory Committee will advise, consult with, and make recommendations reflecting its independent judgment to the Commandant of the United States Coast Guard on matters concerning the safe and secure marine transportation of hazardous materials, including industry outreach approaches. The Chemical Transportation Advisory Committee will respond to specific assignments and may conduct studies, inquiries, workshops, and seminars as the Commandant may authorize or direct.
Agendas of Meetings
Subcommittee Meetings on October 3 and 4, 2017
The subcommittee meetings will separately address the following tasks:
(1) Task Statement 13-03: Safety Standards for the Design of Vessels Carrying Natural Gas or Using Natural Gas as Fuel.
(2) Task Statement 15-01: Marine Vapor Control System Certifying Entities Guidelines update and Vapor Control System supplementary guidance for the implementation of the final rule.
(3) Task Statement 17-01: Hazardous Substance Response Plans for Tank Vessels and Facilities.
(4) Task Statement 16-01: Hazardous Cargo Transportation Security Subcommittee.
(5) Task Statement 17-02: Input to Support Regulatory Reform of Coast Guard Regulations—Executive Orders 13771 and 13783.
The task statements from the last committee meeting are located at Homeport at the following address: https://homeport.uscg.mil/ctac.
The agenda for each subcommittee will include the following:
1. Review subcommittee task statements.
2. Work on tasks assigned in task statements mentioned above.
3. Public comment period.
4. Discuss and prepare any proposed recommendations for the Chemical Transportation Advisory Committee meeting on October 5, 2017, on tasks assigned in detailed task statements mentioned above.
Full Committee Meeting on October 5, 2017
The agenda for the Chemical Transportation Advisory Committee meeting on October 5, 2017, is as follows:
1. Introductions and opening remarks.
2. Swear in newly appointed Committee members, and thank outgoing members.
3. Thank you letter presentation for the Vapor Control Subcommittee.
4. Review of March 2, 2017, meeting minutes and status of task items.
5. Coast Guard Leadership Remarks.
6. Chairman and Designated Federal Official remarks.
7. Committee will review, discuss, and formulate recommendations on the following items:
a. Task Statement 13-03: Safety Standards for the Design of Vessels Carrying Natural Gas or Using Natural Gas as Fuel.
b. Task Statement 15-01: Marine Vapor Control System (Certifying Entities Guidelines update and vapor control System supplementary guidance for the implementation of the final rule).
c. Task Statement 16-01: Hazardous Cargo Transportation Security Subcommittee.
d. Task Statement 17-01: Hazardous Substance Response Plans for Tank Vessels and Facilities.
e. Task Statement 17-02: Input to Support Regulatory Reform of Coast Guard Regulations—Executive Orders 13771 and 13783.
8. United States Coast Guard update on International Maritime Organization activities as they relate to the marine transportation of hazardous materials.
9. Presentation of interest related to safe and secure shipment of hazardous materials.
10. New business and subcommittee recommendation discussion.
11. Set next meeting date and location.
12. Set subcommittee meeting schedule.
13. Public comment period.
14. Adjournment of meeting.
A public comment period will be held during each Subcommittee and the full committee meeting concerning matters being discussed. Public comments will be limited to 3 minutes per speaker. Please note that the public comment period may end before the time indicated, following the last call for comments. Please contact the individual listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section, to register as a speaker. Please note the meeting may adjourn early if the work is completed.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: August 24, 2017.
Acting Director of Commercial Regulations and Standards.
[FR Doc. 2017-18331 Filed 8-29-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9110-04-P