In accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, as amended), the National Science Foundation (NSF) announces the following meeting:
Name and Committee Code: Advisory Committee for Polar Programs (1130).
Date and Time: April 18, 2018; 1:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m.; April 19, 2018; 8:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Place: National Science Foundation, 2415 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, Virginia 22314, Room E 2030.
Type of Meeting: Open.
Contact Person: Andrew Backe, National Science Foundation, Room W 7134, 2415 Eisenhower Avenue, Start Printed Page 12613Alexandria, Virginia 22314; Phone 703-292-2454.
Minutes: May be obtained from the contact person listed above.
Purpose of Meeting: To provide advice and recommendations to the National Science Foundation concerning support for polar research, education, infrastructure and logistics, and related activities.
April 18, 2018; 1:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Opening Remarks and Introductions
- Harassment Policy
- Antarctic Infrastructure Modernization for Science (AIMS) Communications Planning
- Polar Science Updates
- Navigating the New Arctic Big Idea
- OPP Strategic Planning—Part I
April 19, 2018; 8:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- OPP Strategic Planning—Part II
- Meeting with the NSF Director and COO
- Polar Research Vessels and Icebreakers
- Wrap-up and Action Items
Dated: March 19, 2018.
Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. 2018-05819 Filed 3-21-18; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7555-01-P