Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register, on April 2, 2018 allowing for a 60-day comment period.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for an additional 30 days until July 5, 2018.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments, particularly with respect to the estimated public burden or associated response time, have suggestions, need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or desire any other additional information, please contact Desiree Dickinson either by mail at Firearms and Explosives Imports Branch, 244 Needy Road Martinsburg, WV 25405, by email at email@example.com, or by telephone at (304) 616-4584.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension, without change, of a currently approved collection.
(2) The Title of the Form/Collection: Records of Acquisition and Disposition, Registered Importers of Arms, Ammunition & Implements of War on the U.S. Munitions Import List.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number: None.
Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.Start Printed Page 26091
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Abstract: This information collection involves records of imported items that are on the United States Munitions Import List. The importers must register with ATF, file an intent to import specific items, as well as certify to the Bureau, that the list of imported items were received. The records are maintained at the registrant's business premises, where they are available for inspection by ATF officers during compliance inspections or criminal investigations.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 50 respondents will utilize this information collection, and it will take each respondent approximately 5 hours to provide a response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 250 hours, which is equal to 50 (total # of responses) * 5 (# of hours to provide each response).
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, 3E.405A, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: May 31, 2018.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2018-12050 Filed 6-4-18; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-14-P