Food and Drug Administration, HHS.
Notice; establishment of a public docket; request for comments.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has established a public docket to collect comments related to the post-marketing, pediatric-focused safety reviews of products posted between April 2, 2018, and September 14, 2018, on FDA's website but not presented at the September 20, 2018, Pediatric Advisory Committee (PAC) meeting. These reviews are intended to be available for review and comment by members of the PAC, interested parties (such as academic researchers, regulated industries, consortia, and patient groups), and the general public.
Submit either electronic or written comments by September 28, 2018.
FDA has established a docket for public comment on this document. The docket number is FDA-2017-N-7022. The docket will close on September 28, 2018. Submit either electronic or written comments by that date. Please note that late, untimely filed comments will not be considered. Electronic comments must be submitted on or before September 28, 2018. The https://www.regulations.gov electronic filing system will accept comments until midnight Eastern Time at the end of September 28, 2018. Comments received by mail/hand delivery/courier (for written/paper submissions) will be considered timely if they are postmarked or the delivery service acceptance receipt is on or before that date.
You may submit comments as follows:
Submit electronic comments in the following way:
Federal eRulemaking Portal: https://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for submitting comments. Comments submitted electronically, including attachments, to https://www.regulations.gov will be posted to the docket unchanged. Because your comment will be made public, you are solely responsible for ensuring that your comment does not include any confidential information that you or a third party may not wish to be posted, such as medical information, your or anyone else's Social Security number, or confidential business information, such as a manufacturing process. Please note that if you include your name, contact information, or other information that identifies you in the body of your comments, that information will be posted on https://www.regulations.gov.
- If you want to submit a comment with confidential information that you do not wish to make available to the public, submit the comment as a written/paper submission and in the manner detailed (see “Written/Paper Submissions” and “Instructions”).
Submit written/paper submissions as follows:
Mail/Hand Delivery/Courier (for written/paper submissions): Dockets Management Staff (HFA-305), Food and Drug Administration, 5630 Fishers Lane, Rm. 1061, Rockville, MD 20852.
- For written/paper comments submitted to the Dockets Management Staff, FDA will post your comment, as well as any attachments, except for information submitted, marked and identified, as confidential, if submitted as detailed in “Instructions.”
Instructions: All submissions received must include the Docket No. FDA-2017-N-7022 for “Post-Marketing Pediatric-Focused Product Safety Reviews; Establishment of a Public Docket; Request for Comments.” Received comments, those filed in a timely manner (see ADDRESSES), will be placed in the docket and, except for those submitted as “Confidential Submissions,” publicly viewable at https://www.regulations.gov or at the Dockets Management Staff between 9 Start Printed Page 47178a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Confidential Submissions—To submit a comment with confidential information that you do not wish to be made publicly available, submit your comments only as a written/paper submission. You should submit two copies total. One copy will include the information you claim to be confidential with a heading or cover note that states “THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.” FDA will review this copy, including the claimed confidential information, in its consideration of comments. The second copy, which will have the claimed confidential information redacted/blacked out, will be available for public viewing and posted on https://www.regulations.gov. Submit both copies to the Dockets Management Staff. If you do not wish your name and contact information to be made publicly available, you can provide this information on the cover sheet and not in the body of your comments and you must identify this information as “confidential.” Any information marked as “confidential” will not be disclosed except in accordance with 21 CFR 10.20 and other applicable disclosure law. For more information about FDA's posting of comments to public dockets, see 80 FR 56469, September 18, 2015, or access the information at: https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2015-09-18/pdf/2015-23389.pdf.
Docket: For access to the docket to read background documents or the electronic and written/paper comments received, go to https://www.regulations.gov and insert the docket number, found in brackets in the heading of this document, into the “Search” box and follow the prompts and/or go to the Dockets Management Staff, 5630 Fishers Lane, Rm. 1061, Rockville, MD 20852.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Kenneth Quinto, Office of the Commissioner, Food and Drug Administration, 10903 New Hampshire Ave., Bldg. 32, Rm. 5145, Silver Spring, MD 20993, 240-402-2221, firstname.lastname@example.org.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
FDA is responsible for protecting the public health by assuring the safety, efficacy, and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, medical devices, our Nation's food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation. FDA also has responsibility for regulating the manufacturing, marketing, and distribution of tobacco products to protect the public health and to reduce tobacco use by minors.
FDA has established a public docket, Docket No. FDA-2017-N-7022, to receive input on post-marketing pediatric-focused safety reviews of products posted between April 2, 2018, and September 14, 2018, available on FDA's website at https://www.fda.gov/AdvisoryCommittees/CommitteesMeetingMaterials/PediatricAdvisoryCommittee/ucm510701.htm but not presented at the September 20, 2018, PAC meeting. FDA welcomes comments by members of the PAC, as mandated by the Best Pharmaceuticals for Children Act (Pub. L. 107-109) and the Pediatric Research Equity Act of 2003 (Pub. L. 108-155), interested parties (such as academic researchers, regulated industries, consortia, and patient groups), and the general public. The docket number is FDA-2017-N-7022. The docket will open for comments on September 17, 2018, and remain open until September 28, 2018. The post-marketing pediatric-focused safety reviews are for the following products from the following centers at FDA:
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research
1. BEXSERO (Meningococcal Group B Vaccine)
2. QUADRACEL (Diphtheria and Tetanus Toxoids and Acellular Pertussis Adsorbed and Inactivated Poliovirus Vaccine)
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
1. ADZENYS XR-ODT (amphetamine tablet) and DYANAVEL XR (amphetamine suspension)
2. ANTHIM (obiltoxaximab)
3. APTENSIO XR (methylphenidate hydrochloride) and QUILLICHEW ER (methylphenidate hydrochloride)
4. BANZEL (rufinamide)
5. CINQAIR (reslizumab)
6. CUTIVATE (fluticasone propionate)
7. DESCOVY (emtricitabine and tenofovir alafenamide)
8. ENTOCORT EC (budesonide)
9. EPIVIR (lamivudine)
10. EPZICOM (abacavir sulfate and lamivudine) and ZIAGEN (abacavir sulfate)
11. KALETRA (lopinavir and ritonavir)
12. KOVANAZE (tetracaine hydrochloride and oxymetazoline hydrochloride)
13. LAMICTAL (lamotrigine)
14. NATROBA (spinosad)
15. NOXAFIL (posaconazole)
16. ORALTAG (iohexol)
17. ORAVERSE (phentolamine mesylate)
18. OTOVEL (ciprofloxacin and fluocinolone acetonide)
19. PANCREAZE (pancrelipase) and PERTZYE (pancrelipase)
20. PRILOSEC (omeprazole)
21. PROAIR RESPICLICK (abuterol sulfate)
22. PROCYSBI (cysteamine bitartrate)
23. RENVELA (sevelamer carbonate)
24. SPIRIVA (tiotropium bromide)
25. TEFLARO (ceftaroline fosamil)
26. TETRACAINE HYDROCHLORIDE Ophthalmic Solution (tetracaine hydrochloride)
27. XOPENEX (levalbuterol)
28. ZOMIG Nasal Spray (zolmitriptan)
Center for Devices and Radiological Health
1. CONTEGRA PULMONARY VALVED CONDUIT (Humanitarian Device Exemption (HDE))
2. ELANA SURGICAL KIT (HDE)
3. ENTERRA THERAPY SYSTEM (HDE)
4. LIPOSORBER LA-15 SYSTEM (HDE)
5. MEDTRONIC ACTIVA DYSTONIA THERAPY (HDE)
6. PLEXIMMUNE (HDE)
7. PULSERIDER ANEURYSM NECK RECONSTRUCTION DEVICE (HDE)
End Supplemental Information
Dated: September 12, 2018.
Associate Commissioner for Policy.
[FR Doc. 2018-20214 Filed 9-17-18; 8:45 a.m.]
BILLING CODE 4164-01-P