Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of submission to the Office of Management and Budget; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review. The information collection is entitled, “NRC Form 748, National Source Tracking Transaction Report.”
Submit comments by January 10, 2019.
Submit comments directly to the OMB reviewer at: OMB Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0202), Attn: Desk Officer for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 725 17th Street NW, Washington, DC 20503; email: email@example.com.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
David Cullison, NRC Clearance Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@nrc.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2018-0156 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information for this action. You may obtain publicly-available information related to this action by any of the following methods:
Federal rulemaking Website: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2018-0156. A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by accessing Docket ID NRC-2018-0156 on this website.
NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by accessing ADAMS Accession No. ML18276A272. The supporting statement is available in ADAMS under Accession No. ML18276A270.
NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
NRC's Clearance Officer: A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by contacting the NRC's Clearance Officer, David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.
B. Submitting Comments
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information in comment submissions that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. All comment submissions are posted at http://www.regulations.gov and entered into ADAMS. Comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the OMB, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment into ADAMS.Start Printed Page 63687
Under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the NRC recently submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to OMB for review entitled, “NRC Form 748, National Source Tracking Transaction Report.” The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on August 1, 2018, 83 FR 37535.
1. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 748, National Source Tracking Transaction Report.
2. OMB approval number: 3150-0202.
3. Type of submission: Extension.
4. The form number if applicable: NRC Form 748.
5. How often the collection is required or requested: On occasion (at completion of a transaction, and at inventory reconciliation).
6. Who will be required or asked to respond: Licensees that manufacture, receive, transfer, disassemble, or dispose of nationally tracked sources.
7. The estimated number of annual responses: 18,927 (13,200 online + 480 batch upload + 5,247 NRC Form 748).
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 1,400 (260 NRC Licensees + 1,140 Agreement State Licensees).
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to comply with the information collection requirement or request: 1,963.1 hours.
10. Abstract: In 2006, the NRC amended its regulations to implement a National Source Tracking System (NSTS) for certain sealed sources. The amendments require licensees to report certain transactions involving nationally tracked sources to the NSTS. These transactions include manufacture, transfer, receipt, disassembly, or disposal of the nationally tracked source. This information collection is mandatory and is used to populate the NSTS. National source tracking is part of a comprehensive radioactive source control program for radioactive materials of greatest concern. The NRC and Agreement States use the information provided by licensees in the NSTS to track the life cycle of the nationally tracked source from manufacture until disposal. NSTS enhances the ability of NRC and Agreement States to conduct inspections and investigations, communicate information to other government agencies, and verify legitimate ownership and use of nationally tracked sources.
End Supplemental Information
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 6th day of December 2018.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
David C. Cullison,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 2018-26747 Filed 12-10-18; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P