Start Printed Page 10885
Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), DOT.
Notice of limitation on claims for judicial review of actions by FHWA and other Federal agencies.
This notice announces actions taken by FHWA and the other Federal agencies that are final. The actions relate to a proposed widening of Interstate 26 from U. S. 25 near Hendersonville to the I-40/240 Interchange in Asheville, also known as State Transportation Improvement Program Project I-4400/I-4700, in Henderson and Buncombe Counties, North Carolina. Those actions grant licenses, permits, and approvals for the project.
By this notice, FHWA is advising the public of final agency actions subject to 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1). A claim seeking judicial review of the Federal agency actions on the highway project will be barred unless the claim is filled on or before August 19, 2019. If the Federal law that authorizes judicial review of a claim provides a time period of less than 150 days for filing such claim, then that shorter time period still applies.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mr. Clarence W. Coleman, P. E., Preconstruction and Environment Director, Federal Highway Administration, 310 New Bern Avenue, Suite 410, Raleigh, North Carolina 27601-1418; Telephone: (919) 747-7014; email: firstname.lastname@example.org. FHWA North Carolina Division Office's normal business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Eastern Time). Mr. William C. Kincannon, P. E., Director of Technical Services (Acting), North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT), 1516 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-1516; Telephone: (919) 707-2502, email: email@example.com. NCDOT's normal business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Eastern Time).
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Notice is hereby given that FHWA and other Federal agencies have taken final agency actions by issuing a Record of Decision (ROD) for the following highway project in the State of North Carolina: the widening of I-26 from U.S. 25, near Hendersonville, to I-40/240, south of Asheville. Widening I-26 in the area would help improve existing and projected deficiencies when it comes to roadway capacity. The project would also improve insufficient pavement structure and deteriorating existing road surface conditions. The actions by the Federal agencies, and the laws under which such actions were taken, are described in the Combined Final Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)/Record of Decision (ROD) for the project, approved on March 5, 2019, and in other documents in the project records. The Combined Final EIS/ROD, and other documents in the project file are available by contacting the FHWA or the NCDOT at the addresses provided above. The Combined Final EIS/ROD along with referenced technical documents can be viewed and downloaded from the project website at https://www.ncdot.gov/projects/i-26-widening/Pages/default.aspx or viewed at the NCDOT office at 1 South Wilmington Street, Raleigh, North Carolina 27601.
The actions by the Federal agencies, and the laws under which such actions were taken, are described in the Record of Decision (ROD) for the project and in other documents in the project file. The ROD and other documents in the project file are available by contacting FHWA or NCDOT at the addresses provided above. This notice applies to all Federal agency decisions as of the issuance date of this notice and all laws under which such actions were taken, including but not limited to:
1. General: National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) [42 U.S.C. 4321-4351]; Federal-Aid Highway Act [23 U.S.C. 109].
2. Air: Clean Air Act [42 U.S.C. 7401-7671(q)].
3. Land: Section 4(f) of the Department of Transportation Act of 1966 [49 U.S.C. 303]; Landscaping and Scenic Enhancement (Wildflowers) [23 U.S.C. 319].
4. Wildlife: Endangered Species Act [16 U.S.C. 1531-1544 and Section 1536], Marine Mammal Protection Act [16 U.S.C. 1361], Anadromous Fish Conservation Act [16 U.S.C. 757(a)-757(g)], Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act [16 U.S.C. 661-667(d)], Migratory Bird Treaty Act [16 U.S.C. 703-712], Magnuson-Stevenson Fishery Conservation and Management Act of 1976, as amended [16 U.S.C. 1801 et seq.].
5. Historic and Cultural Resources: Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, as amended [16 U.S.C. 470(f) et seq.]; Archeological Resources Protection Act of 1977 [16 U.S.C. 470(aa)-11]; Archeological and Historic Preservation Act [16 U.S.C. 469-469(c)]; Native American Grave Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA) [25 U.S.C. 3001-3013].
6. Social and Economic: Civil Rights Act of 1964 [42 U.S.C. 2000(d)-2000(d)(1)]; American Indian Religious Freedom Act [42 U.S.C. 1996]; Farmland Protection Policy Act (FPPA) [7 U.S.C. 4201-4209].
7. Wetlands and Water Resources: Clean Water Act [33 U.S.C. 1251-1377 (Section 404, Section 401, Section 319)]; Coastal Barrier Resources Act [16 U.S.C. 3501-3510]; Coastal Zone Management Act [16 U.S.C. 1451-1465]; Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) [16 U.S.C. 4601-4604]; Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) [42 U.S.C. 300(f)-300(j)(6)]; Rivers and Harbors Act of 1899 [33 U.S.C. 401-406]; Wild and Scenic Rivers Act [16 U.S.C. 1271-1287]; Emergency Wetlands Resources Act [16 U.S.C. 3921, 3931]; TEA-21 Wetlands Mitigation [23 U.S.C. 103(b)(6)(m), 133(b)(11)]; Flood Disaster Protection Act [42 U.S.C. 4001-4128].
8. Hazardous Materials: Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) [42 U.S.C. 9601-9675]; Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act of 1986 (SARA); Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) [42 U.S.C. 6901-6992(k)].
9. Executive Orders: E.O. 11990 Protection of Wetlands; E.O. 11988 Floodplain Management; E.O. 12898, Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low Income Populations; E.O. 11593 Protection and Enhancement of Cultural Resources; E.O. 13007 Indian Sacred Sites; E.O. 13287 Preserve America; E.O. 13175 Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribal Governments; E.O. 11514 Protection and Enhancement of Environmental Quality; E.O. 13112 Invasive Species.
(Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Program Number 20.205, Highway Planning and Construction. The regulations implementing Executive Order 12372 regarding intergovernmental consultation on Federal programs and activities apply to this program.)
End Supplemental Information
Issued on: March 13, 2019.
Clarence W. Coleman,
Preconstruction and Environment Director, Raleigh, North Carolina.
[FR Doc. 2019-05420 Filed 3-21-19; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-RY-P