In accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, as amended), the National Science Foundation (NSF) announces the following meeting:
Name and Committee Code: Advisory Committee for Polar Programs (1130).
Date and Time: May 1, 2019; 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., May 2, 2019; 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Place: National Science Foundation, 2415 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, Virginia 22314, Room 2010.
Type of Meeting: Open.
Contact Person: Andrew Backe, National Science Foundation, Room W 7237, 2415 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; Phone 703-292-2454.
Minutes: May be obtained from the contact person listed above.
Purpose of Meeting: To provide advice and recommendations to the National Science Foundation concerning support for polar research, education, infrastructure and logistics, and related activities.
May 1, 2019; 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Opening Remarks and Introductions
- Antarctic Treaty
- Polar Cyberinfrastructure
- Arctic Portfolio Review Subcommittee Report
- Polar Research Vessel Requirements Subcommittee Report
- Safety Discussion
- IARPC Principles Document
- USAP Communications & Community Outreach Charter
- Astrophysics Decadal Process Update
May 2, 2019; 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Polar Advisory Overview DocumentStart Printed Page 12009
- Joint Session with AC-MPS
- Meeting with the NSF COO
- Wrap-up and Actions
Dated: March 26, 2019.
Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. 2019-06076 Filed 3-28-19; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7555-01-P