Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, HHS.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is announcing an opportunity for the public to comment on CMS' intention to collect information from the public. Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (the PRA), federal agencies are required to publish notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information (including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information) and to allow 60 days for public comment on the proposed action. Interested persons are invited to send comments regarding our burden estimates or any other aspect of this collection of information, including the necessity and utility of the proposed information collection for the proper performance of the agency's functions, the accuracy of the estimated burden, ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected, and the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology to minimize the information collection burden.
Comments must be received by June 17, 2019.
When commenting, please reference the document identifier or OMB control number. To be assured consideration, comments and Start Printed Page 15617recommendations must be submitted in any one of the following ways:
1. Electronically. You may send your comments electronically to http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for “Comment or Submission” or “More Search Options” to find the information collection document(s) that are accepting comments.
2. By regular mail. You may mail written comments to the following address: CMS, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs, Division of Regulations Development, Attention: Document Identifier/OMB Control Number ____, Room C4-26-05, 7500 Security Boulevard, Baltimore, Maryland 21244-1850.
To obtain copies of a supporting statement and any related forms for the proposed collection(s) summarized in this notice, you may make your request using one of following:
1. Access CMS' website address at website address at https://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Legislation/PaperworkReductionActof1995/PRA-Listing.html
2. Email your request, including your address, phone number, OMB number, and CMS document identifier, to Paperwork@cms.hhs.gov.
3. Call the Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
William N. Parham at (410) 786-4669.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
This notice sets out a summary of the use and burden associated with the following information collections. More detailed information can be found in each collection's supporting statement and associated materials (see ADDRESSES).
CMS-1728-19 Home Health Agency Cost Report
Under the PRA (44 U.S.C. 3501-3520), federal agencies must obtain approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for each collection of information they conduct or sponsor. The term “collection of information” is defined in 44 U.S.C. 3502(3) and 5 CFR 1320.3(c) and includes agency requests or requirements that members of the public submit reports, keep records, or provide information to a third party. Section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the PRA requires federal agencies to publish a 60-day notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, before submitting the collection to OMB for approval. To comply with this requirement, CMS is publishing this notice.
1. Type of Information Collection Request: Revision of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Home Health Agency Cost Report; Use: Under the authority of sections 1815(a) and 1833(e) of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1395g), CMS requires that providers of services participating in the Medicare program submit information to determine costs for health care services rendered to Medicare beneficiaries. CMS requires that providers follow reasonable cost principles under 1861(v)(1)(A) of the Act when completing the Medicare cost report. Under the regulations at 42 CFR 413.20 and 413.24, CMS defines adequate cost data and requires cost reports from providers on an annual basis. The Form CMS-1728-19 cost report is needed to determine a provider's reasonable cost incurred in furnishing medical services to Medicare beneficiaries and reimbursement due to or from a provider. The Form CMS-1728-19 cost report is also used for annual rate setting and payment refinement activities, including developing a home health market basket. Additionally, the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC) uses the home health cost report data to calculate Medicare margins, to formulate recommendations to Congress regarding the HHA PPS, and to conduct additional analysis of the HHA PPS. Providers receiving Medicare reimbursement must provide adequate cost data based on financial and statistical records that can be verified by qualified auditors. Form Number: CMS-1728-19 (OMB control number: 0938-0022); Frequency: Yearly; Affected Public: Business or Other for-Profits, Not-for-Profit Institutions; Number of Respondents: 10,196; Total Annual Responses: 10,196; Total Annual Hours: 1,988,220. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact LuAnn Piccione at 410-786-5423.)
End Supplemental Information
Dated: April 10, 2019.
William N. Parham, III,
Director, Paperwork Reduction Staff, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs.
[FR Doc. 2019-07500 Filed 4-15-19; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4120-01-P