This document replaces and supersedes “Line of Succession Designation No. 1-A, Revision 36”.
Line of Succession Designation No. 1-A, Revision 37:
Effective immediately, the Administrator's Line of Succession Designation is as follows:
(a) In the event of my inability to perform the functions and duties of my position, or my absence from the office, the Deputy Administrator will assume all functions and duties of the Administrator. In the event the Deputy Administrator and I are both unable to perform the functions and duties of the position or are absent from our offices, I designate the officials in listed order below, if they are eligible to act as Administrator under the provisions of the Federal Vacancies Reform Act of 1998 (5 U.S.C. 3345-3349d), to serve as Acting Administrator with full authority to perform all acts which the Administrator is authorized to perform:
(1) Chief of Staff;
(2) General Counsel;
(3) Associate Administrator, Office of Capital Access;
(4) Associate Administrator, Office of Disaster Assistance;
(5) Regional Administrator for Region IX; and
(6) Regional Administrator for Region VIII.
Notwithstanding the provisions of SBA Standard Operating Procedure 00 01 2, “absence from the office,” as used in reference to myself in paragraph (a) above, means the following:
(1) I am not present in the office and cannot be reasonably contacted by phone or other electronic means, and there is an immediate business necessity for the exercise of my authority; or
(2) I am not present in the office and, upon being contacted by phone or other electronic means, I determine that I cannot exercise my authority effectively without being physically present in the office.
(b) An individual serving in an acting capacity in any of the positions listed in subparagraphs (a)(1) through (6), unless designated as such by the Administrator, is not also included in this Line of Succession. Instead, the next non-acting incumbent in the Line of Succession shall serve as Acting Administrator.
(c) This designation shall remain in full force and effect until revoked or superseded in writing by the Administrator, or by the Deputy Administrator when serving as Acting Administrator.
(d) Serving as Acting Administrator has no effect on the officials listed in subparagraphs (a)(1) through (6), above, with respect to the authorities, duties, and responsibilities of their full-time positions (except that such official cannot both recommend and approve an action).
Christopher M. Pilkerton,
[FR Doc. 2019-09775 Filed 5-10-19; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE P