Foreign Claims Settlement Commission, Department of Justice.
The Foreign Claims Settlement Commission (Commission), Department of Justice (DOJ), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until September 17, 2019.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Jeremy LaFrancois, Foreign Claims Settlement Commission, (202) 616-6975, 441 G St. NW, Room 6232, Washington, DC 20579.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Bureau of Justice Statistics, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of Start Printed Page 34946appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Statement of Claim for filing of Claims Referred to the Commission under Section 4(a)(1)(C) of the International Claims Settlement Act of 1949.
3. The agency form number: FCSC-1. Foreign Claims Settlement Commission, Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals. Other: Corporations. Abstract: Information will be used as a basis for the Commission to receive, examine, adjudicate and render final decisions with respect to claims for compensation of U.S. nationals, referred to the Commission by the Department of State pursuant to section 4(a)(1)(C) of the International Claims Settlement Act of 1949, as amended, 22 U.S.C. 1623(A)(1)(C).
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 500 individual respondents will complete the application, and that the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to reply is approximately two hours each.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 1,000 annual burden hours.
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, 3E.405A, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: July 16, 2019.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2019-15381 Filed 7-18-19; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-BA-P