Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Proposed information collection; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment on this proposed collection of information. The information collection is entitled, “Tribal Participation in the Advance Notification Program.”
Submit comments by October 8, 2019. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but the Commission is able to ensure consideration only for comments received on or before this date.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
Federal Rulemaking Website: Go to https://www.regulations.gov/ and search for Docket ID NRC-2019-0080. Address questions about NRC docket IDs to Jennifer Borges; telephone: 301-287-9127; email: Jennifer.Borges@nrc.gov. For technical questions, contact the individual listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section of this document.
Mail comments to: David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, Mail Stop: T-6 A10M, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
For additional direction on obtaining information and submitting comments, see “Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments” in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: Infocollects.Resource@nrc.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2019-0080 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information for this action. You may obtain publicly-available information related to this action by any of the following methods:
Federal Rulemaking Website: Go to https://www.regulations.gov/ and search for Docket ID NRC-2019-0080. A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by accessing Docket ID NRC-2019-0080 on this website.
NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at https://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The supporting statement is available in ADAMS under Accession No. ML19093B836.
NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
NRC's Clearance Officer: A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by contacting NRC's Clearance Officer, David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: Infocollects.Resource@nrc.gov.
B. Submitting Comments
Please include Docket ID NRC-2019-0080 in the subject line of your comment submission, in order to ensure that the NRC is able to make your comment submission available to the public in this docket.
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information in comment submissions that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. The NRC will post all comment submissions at https://www.regulations.gov/ as well as enter the comment submissions into ADAMS, and the NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the NRC, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that the NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment into ADAMS.Start Printed Page 39382
In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the NRC is requesting public comment on its intention to request the OMB's approval for the information collection summarized below.
1. The title of the information collection: Tribal Participation in the Advance Notification Program.
2. OMB approval number: An OMB control number has not yet been assigned to this proposed information collection.
3. Type of submission: New.
4. The form number, if applicable: Not Applicable.
5. How often the collection is required or requested: Information would be requested (1) every five years, (2) after an Indian Tribe achieves Federal recognition, (3) when a transportation route is approved that is within an Indian Tribe's reservation or that crosses a reservation boundary, and (4) when there are changes. Information is requested from those Indian Tribes seeking to receive advance notifications. Some information is requested one time.
6. Who will be required or asked to respond: Federally recognized Indian Tribes. Only those federally recognized Indian Tribes with reservations and either receiving or seeking to receive the advance notifications would be asked to respond to the specific information request.
7. The estimated number of annual responses: 22 (7 reporting responses + 15 recordkeepers).
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 15.
9. The estimated number of hours needed annually to comply with the information collection requirement or request: 36 (26 hours reporting + 10 hours recordkeeping).
10. Abstract: In order to receive notifications when certain shipments of nuclear waste or shipments of irradiated reactor fuel within or across the boundary of an Indian Tribe's reservation, Indian Tribes will submit certifications that Tribal official or their designee(s) has (or have) taken training on the handling of safeguards information (SGI) and the Indian Tribe has the necessary protection measures in place and the Indian Tribe will protect the SGI. If the Tribal official is designating another person to receive the advance notifications, information on the designation will be provided. The Indian Tribe will also provide the contact information for the Tribal official or the Tribal official's designee(s). The Indian Tribe will also provide an affirmation of the boundaries of the Indian Tribe's reservation or the necessary corrections to a map provided by the NRC. The NRC will also collect the name and contact information for the Indian Tribe's emergency response contact(s). NRC licensees will use the information to comply with the NRC's regulations that require them to provide advance notice of certain shipments of radioactive material to participating Indian Tribes.
III. Specific Requests for Comments
The NRC is seeking comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the estimate of the burden of the information collection accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection on respondents be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
End Supplemental Information
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 5th day of August, 2019.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
David C. Cullison,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 2019-17038 Filed 8-8-19; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P