Start Printed Page 12553
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
EPA has received applications to register pesticide products containing active ingredients not included in any currently registered pesticide products. Pursuant to the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), EPA is hereby providing notice of receipt and opportunity to comment on these applications.
Comments must be received on or before April 2, 2020.
Submit your comments, identified by docket identification (ID) number and the File Symbol of interest as shown in the body of this document, by one of the following methods:
Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the online instructions for submitting comments. Do not submit electronically any information you consider to be Confidential Business Information (CBI) or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute.
Mail: OPP Docket, Environmental Protection Agency Docket Center (EPA/DC), (28221T), 1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20460-0001.
Hand Delivery: To make special arrangements for hand delivery or delivery of boxed information, please follow the instructions at https://www.epa.gov/dockets/where-send-comments-epa-dockets.
Additional instructions on commenting or visiting the docket, along with more information about dockets generally, is available at https://www.epa.gov/dockets/about-epa-dockets.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Michael Goodis, Registration Division (7505P), main telephone number: (703) 305-7090, email address: RDFRNotices@epa.gov. The mailing address for each contact person is: Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20460-0001. As part of the mailing address, include the contact person's name, division, and mail code. The division to contact is listed at the end of each pesticide petition summary.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does this action apply to me?
You may be potentially affected by this action if you are an agricultural producer, food manufacturer, or pesticide manufacturer. The following list of North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) codes is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather provides a guide to help readers determine whether this document applies to them. Potentially affected entities may include:
- Crop production (NAICS code 111).
- Animal production (NAICS code 112).
- Food manufacturing (NAICS code 311).
B. What should I consider as I prepare my comments for EPA?
1. Submitting CBI. Do not submit this information to EPA through regulations.gov or email. Clearly mark the part or all of the information that you claim to be CBI. For CBI information in a disk or CD-ROM that you mail to EPA, mark the outside of the disk or CD-ROM as CBI and then identify electronically within the disk or CD-ROM the specific information that is claimed as CBI. In addition to one complete version of the comment that includes information claimed as CBI, a copy of the comment that does not contain the information claimed as CBI must be submitted for inclusion in the public docket. Information so marked will not be disclosed except in accordance with procedures set forth in 40 CFR part 2.
2. Tips for preparing your comments. When preparing and submitting your comments, see the commenting tips at https://www.epa.gov/dockets/commenting-epa-dockets.
II. Registration Applications
EPA has received applications to register pesticide products containing active ingredients not included in any currently registered pesticide products. Pursuant to the provisions of FIFRA section 3(c)(4) (7 U.S.C. 136a(c)(4)), EPA is hereby providing notice of receipt and opportunity to comment on these applications. Notice of receipt of these applications does not imply a decision by the Agency on these applications. For actions being evaluated under EPA's public participation process for registration actions, there will be an additional opportunity for public comment on the proposed decisions. Please see EPA's public participation website for additional information on this process (http://www2.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/public-participation-process-registration-actions).
A. Notice of Receipt—New Uses
1. EPA Registration Numbers: 100-815, 100-816, 100-1406, 100-1407. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2019-0652. Applicant: Syngenta Crop Protection, LLC. P.O. Box 18300, Greensboro, NC 27419. Active ingredient: S-Metolachlor. Product type: Herbicide. Proposed use: Dill and rosemary. Contact: RD.
2. EPA Registration Numbers: 228-289, 11685-15. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2019-0639. Applicant: Interregional Research Project #4 (IR-4), 500 College Rd. East, Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08540. Active ingredient: MCPA. Product type: Herbicide. Proposed use: For use manufacturing products used on intermediate wheatgrass. Contact: RD.
3. EPA Registration Number or File Symbol: 7969-ULA. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2019-0664. Applicant: Mitsui Chemicals Agro, Inc., Nihonbashi Dia Building, 1-19-1 Nihonbashi Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0027, Japan c/o Landis International, Inc., P.O. Box 5126, Valdosta, GA 31603-5126. Active ingredient: Dinotefuran. Product type: Insecticide. Proposed use: Soybeans. Contact: RD.
4. EPA File Symbol Number: 8329-RRA. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2020-0022. Applicant: Clarke Mosquito Control Products, Inc., 675 Sidwell Court, St. Charles, IL 60174. Active ingredient: Spinetoram. Product type: Insecticide. Proposed use: Broadcast application to standing water in agricultural crops and rangeland. Contact: RD.
5. EPA Registration Numbers: 62719-80, 62719-81. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2019-0641. Applicant: IR-4, 500 College Rd. East, Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08540. Active ingredient: Clopyralid. Product type: Herbicide. Proposed use: For use manufacturing products used on Caneberry subgroup 13-07A, onion, bulb subgroup 3-07A, and intermediate wheatgrass. Contact: RD.
6. EPA Registration Number: 62719-86. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2019-0639. Applicant: IR-4, 500 College Rd. East, Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08540. Active ingredient: MCPA. Product type: Herbicide. Proposed use: Intermediate wheatgrass. Contact: RD.
7. EPA Registration Number: 62719-86. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2019-0641. Applicant: IR-4, 500 College Rd. East, Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08540. Active ingredient: Clopyralid. Product type: Herbicide. Proposed use: Intermediate wheatgrass. Contact: RD.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: February 19, 2020.
Director, Information Technology and Resources Management Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 2020-04263 Filed 3-2-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P