Criminal Justice Information Services Division, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Justice.
Start Printed Page 23065
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for an additional 30 days until May 26, 2020.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Written comments and recommendations for the proposed information collection should be sent within 30 days of publication of this notice to www.reginfo.gov/public/do/PRAMain. Find this particular information collection by selecting “Currently under 30-day Review—Open for Public Comments” or by using the search function.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Applicant Information Form.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: 1-783, The applicable component within the Sponsoring component: Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Criminal Justice Information Services Division.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals. This collection is necessary for individuals to request a copy of their personal identification record to review it or to obtain a change, correction, or an update to the record.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: Annually, the FBI receives 125,000 identification requests, therefore there are 125,000 respondents. The form requires 5 minutes to complete.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 10,417 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: April 21, 2020.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2020-08741 Filed 4-23-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-14-P