Executive Office for Immigration Review, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until October 1, 2020.
Written comments and recommendations for the proposed information collection should be sent within 30 days of publication of this notice to www.reginfo.gov/public/do/PRAMain. Find this particular information collection by selecting “Currently under 30-day Review—Open for Public Comments” or by using the search function.
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including Start Printed Page 54423whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and/or
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
1. Type of Information Collection: Revision and extension of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative Before the Board of Immigration Appeals.
3. The agency form number: EOIR-27 (OMB #1125-0005).
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Attorneys or representatives notifying the Board of Immigration Appeals (Board) that they are representing a party in proceedings before the Board.
Abstract: This information collection is necessary to allow an attorney or representative to notify the Board that he or she is representing a party before the Board.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 36,299 respondents will complete each form within approximately 6 minutes.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 3,630 annual burden hours.
If additional information is required, contact Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, 3E.405A, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: August 27, 2020.
Melody D. Braswell,
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2020-19228 Filed 8-31-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-30-P