Office of the Chief Information Officer, HUD.
HUD has submitted the proposed information collection requirement described below to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review, in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act. The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days of public comment.
Comments Due Date: October 2, 2020.
Interested persons are invited to submit comments regarding this proposal. Written comments and recommendations for the proposed information collection should be sent within 30 days of publication of this notice to www.reginfo.gov/public/do/StartPrintedPage15501PRAMain. Find this particular information collection by selecting “Currently under 30-day Review—Open for Public Comments” or by using the search function.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Colette Pollard, Reports Management Officer, QDAM, Department of Housing and Urban Development, 451 7th Street SW, Washington, DC 20410-5000, email Colette Pollard at Colette.Pollard@hud.gov or telephone 202-402-3400 (this is not a toll free number). Persons with hearing or speech impairments may access the telephone number through TTY by calling the tollfree Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339. Copies of available documents submitted to OMB may be obtained from Ms. Pollard.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
This notice informs the public that HUD has submitted to OMB a request for approval of the information collection described in Section A. The Federal Register notice that solicited public comment on the information collection for a period of 60 days was published on February 25, 2020 at 85 FR 10712.
A. Overview of Information Collection
Title of Information Collection: Compliance Inspection Report and Mortgagee's Assurance of Completion.
OMB Control Number, if applicable: 2502-0189.
Type of Request: Extension of currently approved collection.Start Printed Page 54590
Form Numbers: HUD 92051, HUD-92300.
Description of the need for the information and proposed use: Accurate and thorough property information is critical to the accuracy of underwriting for the mortgage insurance process. This information collection is needed to ensure newly built homes financed with FHA mortgage insurance are constructed in accordance with acceptable building standards and that deficiencies found in newly constructed and existing dwellings are corrected.
Estimated Number of Respondents: 2,966.
Estimated Number of Responses: 34,833.89.
Frequency of Response: 11.7444.
Average Hours per Response: 0.17500.
Total Estimated Burden Hours: 6,095.93.
B. Solicitation of Public Comment
This notice is soliciting comments from members of the public and affected parties concerning the collection of information described in Section A on the following:
(1) Whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) The accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information;
(3) Ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond; including through the use of appropriate automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
(5) ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology HUD encourages interested parties to submit comment in response to these questions.
Section 3507 of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, 44 U.S.C. Chapter 35.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: August 14, 2020.
Department Reports Management Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 2020-19332 Filed 9-1-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4210-67-P