Criminal Justice Information Services Division, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Criminal Justice Information Services Division, will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 30 days until November 23, 2020.
Written comments and recommendations for the proposed information collection should be sent within 30 days of publication of this notice to www.reginfo.gov/public/do/PRAMain. Find this particular information collection by selecting “Currently under 30-day Review—Open for Public Comments” or by using the search function.
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) The Title of the Form/Collection: Age, Sex, Race, and Ethnicity of Persons Arrested Under 18 Years of Age; and Age, Sex, Race, and Ethnicity of Persons Arrested 18 Years of Age and Over.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: The form number is 1-708 and 1-708a. The applicable component within the Department of Justice is the Criminal Justice Information Services Division, in the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Federal, state, county, city, and tribal law enforcement agencies. Abstract: Under the Uniform Federal Crime Reporting Act, 34 U.S.C. 41303; the William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008, 34 U.S.C. 41309 ; and 28 CFR 0.85(f), FBI, General Functions, this collection requests the number of arrests from federal, state, county, city, and tribal law enforcement agencies in order for the Federal Bureau of Investigation Uniform Crime Reporting Program to obtain ASRE data in furtherance of serving as the national clearinghouse for the collection and dissemination of criminal statistics and to publish this data in Crime in the United States.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: There are approximately 8,054 law enforcement agency respondents that submit monthly for a total of 88,637 responses; calculated estimates indicate 12 minutes per response for form 1-708a and 15 minutes per response for form 1-708.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are approximately 39,886 hours, annual burden, associated with this information collection.Start Printed Page 59551
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, 3E.405A, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: September 16, 2020.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2020-20816 Filed 9-21-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-02-P