Executive Office for Immigration Review, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for an additional 30 days until November 19, 2020.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Written comments and recommendations for the proposed information collection should be sent within 30 days of publication of this notice to www.reginfo.gov/public/do/PRAMain. Find this particular information collection by selecting “Currently under 30-day Review—Open for Public Comments” or by using the search function.
If you need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Lauren Alder Reid, Assistant Director, Office of Policy, Executive Office for Immigration Review, 5107 Leesburg Pike, Suite 2500, Falls Church, VA 22041, telephone: (703) 305-0289.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should Start Printed Page 66579address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and/or
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Request by Organization for Accreditation or Renewal Accreditation of Non-Attorney Representative.
3. The agency form number: Form EOIR-31A (OMB 1125-0013).
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Non-profit organizations seeking accreditation or renewal of accreditation of its representatives by the Office of Legal Access Programs of the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR). Abstract: This information collection will allow an organization to seek accreditation or renewal of accreditation of a non-attorney representatives to appear before EOIR and/or the Department of Homeland Security. This information collection is necessary to determine whether a representatives meet the eligibility requirements for accreditation.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 818 respondents will complete the form annually with an average of 2 hours per response.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 1,636 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: October 15, 2020.
Melody D. Braswell,
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2020-23184 Filed 10-19-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-30-P