Department of Defense (DOD), General Services Administration (GSA), and National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
Notice and request for comments.
In accordance with section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, and the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) regulations, DoD, GSA, and NASA invite the public to comment on a revision and renewal concerning presolicitation notice and response. DoD, GSA, and NASA invite comments on: Whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of Federal Government acquisitions, including whether the information will have practical utility; the accuracy of the estimate of the burden of the proposed information collection; ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and ways to minimize the burden of the information collection on respondents, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology. OMB has approved this information collection for use through January 31, 2021. DoD, GSA, and NASA propose that OMB extend its approval for use for three additional years beyond the current expiration date.
DoD, GSA, and NASA will consider all comments received by December 21, 2020.
DoD, GSA, and NASA invite interested persons to submit comments on this collection through http://www.regulations.gov and follow the instructions on the site. This website provides the ability to type short comments directly into the comment field or attach a file for lengthier comments. If there are difficulties submitting comments, contact the GSA Regulatory Secretariat Division at 202-501-4755 or GSARegSec@gsa.gov.
Instructions: All items submitted must cite Information Collection 9000-0037, Presolicitation Notice and Response. Comments received generally will be posted without change to http://www.regulations.gov, including any personal and/or business confidential information provided. To confirm receipt of your comment(s), please check www.regulations.gov, approximately two-to-three days after submission to verify posting.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mr. Ted Croushore, Procurement Analyst, at telephone 703-605-9804, or email@example.com.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
A. OMB Control Number, Title, and Any Associated Form(s)
9000-0037, Presolicitation Notice and Response
B. Need and Uses
Presolicitation notices are used by the Government to inform, and, where specified, solicit a response from potential offerors or bidders. This clearance covers the information that offerors must submit to comply with the following Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements:
- For sealed bidding (FAR 14.205), presolicitation notices briefly describe requirements and provide other essential information to enable potential bidders to determine whether they have an interest in the invitation and if appropriate, respond by communicating their interest in receiving the invitation for bid;
- For contracting by negotiation (FAR 15.201(c)), presolicitation notices provide a means of early exchanges of information about future acquisitions between Government and industry, to which potential offerors may respond with feedback concerning acquisition strategy, terms and conditions, and any other concerns or questions.
- For construction contracts (FAR 36.213-2), presolicitation notices are required for construction requirements in excess of the simplified acquisition threshold to communicate essential information on the requirements, to which potential bidders may respond communicating their interest in receiving the invitation for bid.
The Contracting Officer will use the information as follows:
- For sealed bidding, to include interested bidders in the distribution of the invitations for bids; and
- For contracting by negotiation, to consider the industry feedback in shaping the acquisition strategy.
C. Annual Burden
Total Annual Responses: 178,260.
Total Burden Hours: 14,261.
Requesters may obtain a copy of the information collection documents from the GSA Regulatory Secretariat Division by calling 202-501-4755 or emailing GSARegSec@gsa.gov. Please cite OMB Control No. 9000-0037, Presolicitation Notice and Response.
End Supplemental Information
William F. Clark,
Director, Federal Acquisition Policy Division, Office of Governmentwide Acquisition Policy, Office of Acquisition Policy, Office of Governmentwide Policy.
[FR Doc. 2020-23187 Filed 10-19-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6820-EP-P