Criminal Justice Information Services Division, Department of Justice.
Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation, Criminal Justice Information Services Division will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until December 28, 2020.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Gerry Lynn Brovey, Supervisory Information Liaison Specialist, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Criminal Justice Information Services Division, 1000 Custer Hollow Road, Clarksburg, WV 26306; phone: 304-625-4320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Bureau of Justice Statistics, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Address Verification/Change Request Form (1-797).
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: The form number is 1-797. The applicable component within the Sponsoring component: Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Criminal Justice Information Services Division.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Individuals or households. The form can be used by any requester who wishes to correct or verify the address submitted on their Departmental Order 556-73 request.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 780 respondents will complete each form within approximately 2 minutes.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 26 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, 3E.405A, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: October 20, 2020.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2020-23772 Filed 10-26-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-14-P