Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), DOT.
Notice of Limitation on Claims for Judicial Review of Actions by Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT).
The FHWA, on behalf of the FDOT, is issuing this notice to announce actions taken by FDOT and other Federal Agencies that are final agency actions. These actions relate to the proposed regional transportation improvement on U.S. Highway 231 from U.S. 98 to State Road 20 and also including improvement on East Avenue (Highway 389) from Baldwin Road to Sherman Avenue in Bay County, State of Florida. These actions grant licenses, permits, and approvals for the project.
By this notice, the FHWA, on behalf of FDOT, is advising the public of final agency actions. A claim seeking judicial review of the Federal Agency actions on the listed highway project will be barred unless the claim is filed on or before March 29, 2021. If the Federal law that authorizes judicial review of a claim provides a time period of less than 150 days for filing such claim, then that shorter time period still applies.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
For FDOT: Jason Watts, Director, Office of Environmental Management, FDOT, 605 Suwannee Street, MS 37, Tallahassee, Florida 32399; telephone (850) 414-4316; email: Jason.Watts@dot.state.fl.us. The FDOT Office of Environmental Management's normal business hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time), Monday through Friday, except State holidays.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Effective December 14, 2016, the FHWA assigned, and the FDOT assumed, environmental responsibilities for this project pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327. Notice is hereby given that FHWA and other Federal Agencies have taken final agency actions subject to 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1) by issuing licenses, permits, and approvals for the proposed improvement highway project. The actions by FDOT and other Federal Agencies on the project, and the laws under which such actions were taken are described in the Type 2 Categorical Exclusion issued on 8/1/2020, and in other project records for the listed project. The Type 2 Categorical Exclusion, and other documents for the listed project are available by contacting FDOT at the address provided above. The Type 2 Categorical Exclusion, and additional project documents can be viewed and downloaded from the project website at: https://nwflroads.com/projects/217910-2.
The project subject to this notice is:
Project Location: Bay County, Florida—U.S. 231 near Panama City. The proposed improvements include widening U.S. 231 from a 4-lane roadway to a 6-lane facility and widening East Avenue from a 2-lane roadway to a 4-lane facility. Grade separated intersections will be included at U.S. 98, State Road 77, State Road 390, and Star Avenue in Bay County, Florida.
Project Actions: This notice applies to the Type 2 Categorical Exclusion, and all other Federal Agency decisions as of the issuance date of this notice and all laws under which such actions were taken, including but not limited to:
1. General: National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) [42 U.S.C. 4321-4351; Federal-Aid Highway Act (FAHA) [23 U.S.C. 109 and 23 U.S.C. 128].
2. Air: Clean Air Act (CAA), 42 U.S.C. 7401-7671(q).
3. Land: Section 4(f) of the Department of Transportation Act of 1966 (4f) [49 U.S.C. 303 and 23 U.S.C. 138].
4. Wildlife: Endangered Species Act (ESA) [16 U.S.C. 1531-1544 and 1536]; Marine Mammal Protection Act [16 U.S.C. 1361], Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act [16 U.S.C. 661-667(d); Migratory Bird Treaty Act (MBTA) [16 U.S.C. 703-712]; Magnuson-Stevenson Fishery Conservation and Management Act of 1976, as amended [16 U.S.C. 1801 et seq.].
5. Historic and Cultural Resources: Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, as amended (106) [16 U.S.C. 470(f) et seq.]; Archaeological Resources Protection Act of 1977 (ARPA) [16 U.S.C. 470(aa)-470(II)]; Archaeological and Historic Preservation Act (AHPA) [16 U.S.C. 469-469(c)]; Native American Grave Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA) [25 U.S.C. 3001-3013].
6. Social and Economic: Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Civil Rights) [42 U.S.C. 20009(d)-2000(d)(1)]; American Indian Religious Freedom Act [42 U.S.C. 1996]; Farmland Protection Policy Act (FPPA) [7 U.S.C. 4201-4209].
7. Wetlands and Water Resources: Clean Water Act (Section 404, Section 401, Section 319) [33 U.S.C. 1251-1377]; Coastal Barriers Resources Act (CBRA) [16 U.S.C. 3501 et seq.]; Coastal Zone Management Act (CZMA) [16 U.S.C. 1451-1465]; Land and Water Start Printed Page 68621Conservation Fund (LWCF) [16 U.S.C. 4601-4604]; Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) [42 U.S.C. 300(f)-300(j)(6)]; Rivers and Harbors Act of 1899 [33 U.S.C. 401-406]; Wild and Scenic Rivers Act [16 U.S.C. 1271-1287]; Emergency Wetlands Resources Act [16 U.S.C. 3921, 3931]; Wetlands Mitigation, [23 U.S.C. 103(b)(6)(M) and 103(b)(11)]; Flood Disaster Protection Act [42 U.S.C. 4001-4128].
8. Executive Orders: E.O. 11990 Protection of Wetlands; E.O. 11988 Floodplain Management; E.O. 12898, Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low Income Populations; E.O. 11593 Protection and Enhancement of Cultural Resources; E.O. 13287 Preserve America; E.O. 13175 Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribal Governments; E.O. 11514 Protection and Enhancement of Environmental Quality; E.O. 13112 Invasive Species.
(Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Program Number 20.205, Highway Planning and Construction. The regulations implementing Executive Order 12372 regarding intergovernmental consultation on Federal programs and activities apply to this program.)
End Supplemental Information
Issued on: October 19, 2020.
Karen M. Brunelle,
Director, Office of Project Development, Federal Highway Administration, Tallahassee, Florida.
[FR Doc. 2020-24002 Filed 10-28-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-RY-P